Mid week digs............11.15.05

pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Motown Sounds - Space DanceCasiopeia - Make Up CityPrimetime - Flying HighLovebug Starski - Rappin 12"Divine Sounds - Do Or Die Bed Sty 12"Sunrize - S/TVoltage Brothers - S/TIssac Hayes Movement - Disco ConnectionOhio Players - AngelYellow Magic Orchestra - MultiplesBootsy's Rubber Band - Stretchin OutCameo - Cardiac ArrestBar Kays - Too HotAwakening - ModernWisdom For The Modern Man (Buddhist rcord)The Lemon Pipers / 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Checkmate split LPReturn To Forever - Romantic WarriorLatimore - Getting Down To Brass TacksTangerine Dream - PhaedraMcKendree Spring - Spring SuiteEloy - FloatingSpooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your JawMcDonald and Giles S/TKarma - CelebrationMainstream - Quiet SunThe Belles Of IndianaLiz Story - Solid Colors (piano Solos) - I will some year own the Windham Hill collection..............Brass Construction IIThat Eloy is pretty dope psych.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn...
    Someone got shot right in front of my house last night. Not some crook or druggie but a great guy, a lawyer standing up for the rights of squatters and environmental activists who suffered police intimidation. So this morning reporters were swarming my house. They kept ringing our doorbell for an interview, so after talking to some of them I decided to escape to my local recordstore, trying to focus om some other things. I'm still a bit confused, but now I've got these to listen to:

Charles Earland - Soul Story (Prestige)
    Olatunji - Drums of Passion/More drums of passion (Columbia)
    Max Roach - The Loadstar (Horo)
    George Duke - the Aura Will Prevail (MPS)
    Lowell Fullsome - Tramp (United)
    Philip Cochran & the Artistic Heritage Ensemble (Aestuarium re)
    +
    Henry Mancini - Cop Themes (RCA) (Thank you so much Waxtrain!)

• I read it in the paper, about the killing. This is weird. He was the guy who found out recently that the terrorists who were captured in The Hague used grenades that were provided by... the Dutch secret service. WTF? Moments later the guy is killed? Highly