Trade: Nathan Davis - Suite for MLK on Tom. Intl.

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited November 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
The recent post on the P-Vine reissue of this one reminded me that I've had my copy set aside in a "maybe i'll trade it" pile.So I got for ya:Nathan Davis - Suite for MLK Jr. on Tomorrow Intl. Nice crispy copy for ya. I don't have a trade list but mostly after deep latin or african music and some interest in modal or spiritual jazz stuff of comparable quality. PM w/ offers or lurkers can hit me off at [email]rebuild_it@hotmail.com[/email]

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    a couple of interested heads but no trade lists sent.

still around for the taking.

• I'll vouch for this one (well, nathan anyways, ari is a shady fellow indeed ).... "Funk-a-dilly molly" and "I believe in him" (I think) are both big doses of blunted synth funk.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    definitely blunted on the funk tunes.

but the rest is not.

what always grabbed me most about the album: the spoken portions which talk about the civil rights movement- especially the intro to the tune where the narrator (can't remember if this is davis or not) talks about the Birmingham Church bombings.

it's a moving album.

this is for the sake of discussion and not self-promotion.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    im sorta interested in this. i'll send you a PM

• which cover is it- the photo of MLK with yellow border, or the close up of his face?

cosign, this is a really good record.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    photo of mlk.

didn't know there was another cover.

• photo of mlk.

didn't know there was another cover.

well both are photos of MLK, one is a close up of just his face, the other shows him from the torso up and has a yellow border. i think the former is more raer (or at least the latter was the one that was up on ebay every week earlier this year.)

edit: oh ok, sounds like its the yellow border one.