midweek finds...11/14-11/18

13»

Comments

• dude are you black vinyl junkie?

no because nate would be slobbering all over his balls if he was...

you sound like a faggot

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

whats up with this one. is it breaks? good music? both?

Recorded in 1966, released in 1970. Nice swinging soul jazz, with some avant pop touches, like fuzz guitar and lo-fi percussive effects. Pretty dope. Didn't notice any open breaks, but I wasn't looking for them, so they may be there.
    His later, more expensive & sought-after European recordings have braekz. Hopefully I'll be finding some of those for cheap, too, but not likely.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Just got this Jandek lp in the mail.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Just got this Jandek lp in the mail.

fany as fuk

• nobody's posted any finds for the last day or so...I guess I'll break the ice.

Lp's
    it's the only pic I could find of the Joe Henderson, the one I got is an og
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    and couldn't help buying this one sealed. My other copies were busted

45's
    James Brown -- Funky Drummer pts I and II
    Rufus Thomas -- The World Is Round / Chicken Scratch
    Cymande -- Zion I/ Message

• Eh... not much this week. I did pull a Bizzie Boyz 12" ("Too Deep") out of a junk shop today, along with a Linda Tillery S/T. The Bizzie Boyz was so dirty that I just put it in the sink and ran water over it. It actually cleaned up OK. Rugged.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Willie and the Bumblebees-Honey From the bee

• While running some errands I picked up "The Eugene Record" for $5 from the most ridiculously annoying shop owner evar.

Me: "can you drop the needle on this record? Just not sure what it's like" (referring to a nondescript 12")
    Shop: "No."
    Me: "seriously?"
    Shop: "Yes, I have way too much important shit to do right now."
    Me: "ASSHOLE."

how;d you get the record record off him after calling him an asshole ?

I left my $5 on the counter and walked out with the record.
    hope for you he didn't have any heat in that store.

dude does what I eat make you shit?

dude whats with the attitude? oh you live in new york i forgot for a second.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

A local 007 exploitation record on Mirwood (it's by the James Bond Sextet from the bassist who is actually named James Bond) with a couple of effects for my Rhodes

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Another "mailbox find" today, and a sweet one at that:

Yo I even made some "real world" digs again this week...I'm still broke but I had a credit slip and I hit up a random with a spare sawbuck.

Credit slip at C*eap*'s:

real clean OG - and my credit was only $10 - they were giving this away! I'm liking this as I listen right now.

Now my question is, what's up with the charging $1.99 per LP?? I was like, "Wha?"

I mean, granted, the shit I copped was mostly worth around $2, but how can they justify trying to get that for the other ninety-nine-point-four percent of the records??

anyway, I pulled:

Flamingos - Today - Ronze
    Tim Buckley - Goodbye & Hello - Elektra (dupe)
    Gladys Knight - Neither One of Us - Soul ss
    Billy Paul - 360 - PIR ss
    some exploito band - Duke Ellington's "Anatomy of a Murder" - Coronet

• Options

this came in the mail yesterday, and its a nice solid RCA slab with the best 6 cuts from the Mario Castro Neves & Samba SA LP.

Moderators erased the price from your original post. How much was it?

Peace....'z

Is that a Canadian LP? I know he did some Canadian Talent Library Records when he moved to Toronto - that RCA Victor looks liek the Canadian version.

K.

P.S. If that women is as happy in real life as int hat pic, I'd date.

• Is that a Canadian LP? I know he did some Canadian Talent Library Records when he moved to Toronto - that RCA Victor looks liek the Canadian version.

K.

Naw, I don't think there was a Canadian issue of that... this was his sole LP for CTL -

Never seen a price for the OG... I'm wondering what this usually catches...

• Options

Is that a Canadian LP? I know he did some Canadian Talent Library Records when he moved to Toronto - that RCA Victor looks liek the Canadian version.

K.

Naw, I don't think there was a Canadian issue of that... this was his sole LP for CTL -

Never seen a price for the OG... I'm wondering what this usually catches...

There's another CTL by him.

K.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Where the #$%& is my Moments "On Top" LP? Priority shipping from Delaware to PA should not take a week +. I hope that it's not lost...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Where the #$%& is my Sly Slick and Wicked 45? Shipping from the midwest to Seattle should not take 2 months. I hope that it's not lost...

• in honor of record day, a couple lo-fi tracks from those 45s I picked up earlier this week.

Evangelist Higgins- Hurry Up

Novilet- Do You Love My Jesus

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yesterday, me and hommie drove and drove and drove and drove, hit up alota small thrift salvo shops outside the city, we thought there might be some gold out there, we was wrong, there was lots of records at almost every spot, but we didnt find one single thing... nothing at all after a whole day of driving...
    well we had fun, and the weather was great...but it would had been nice though with a couple of nuggets to go