Early Rap 7 inches

2»

Comments

• I think most of the early rap songs was in 12" format as all disco songs was in 12" format...

Many of them were in 7" format too, pookeyblow. These are not the words of somebody guessing about it, these are the words of somebody who was around back then buying records. I was a kid and didn't have always have enough money for 12"s, so I had to settle for the 45 versions a lot of times. I was buying rap 45s even into the late 80's era- to this day I do not have the 12" of "Eric B Is President" because I was so broke when it came out that all I could afford was the 7".
    The way I recall it, most of the rap records that were popular came out on 7" as well as 12". Probably not the more obscure ones on tiny labels, though.

• to this day I do not have the 12" of "Eric B Is President" because I was so broke when it came out that all I could afford was the 7".

Is this an edit or the full six minute version?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• to this day I do not have the 12" of "Eric B Is President" because I was so broke when it came out that all I could afford was the 7".

Is this an edit or the full six minute version?

It's been a while, I'd have to dig up the 45 and check to be sure. But I'm pretty sure that at least "Check Out My Melody" is edited. Probably "Eric B Is President" is edited, too.