ACE!!! "Rare Finds" at the Salvo's

Firebird75Firebird75 35 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Look what "rare finds" one can procure at any Salvation Army store!!

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    thats how excited i looked when i found that manilow joint last month.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    2 words...

Hugo Winterhalter

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    According to the official "find" definition, that foolio should have been PAID to take that shit out of the SA. I would take it home for $25. It would be my 10th copy, there's one of those in every collection I bought.
    One day, if I feel artsy enough, I will make one of these with Barry:

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Look what "rare finds" one can procure at any Salvation Army store!!

that shit is too funny

"pop yo colla!!!"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I was digging at the Salvation Army the other day and some mop top hipster got on his cel phone and boasting to his homie about how he was at "The Salvi" and copped this insane extra medium PINK polo shirt. I felt rather old at that moment.

he was at "The Salvi"

for real??

• I actually found some decent shit at a Salvation Army yesterday...first time...well ever I think. I will post 'em in a midweek thread if there is one.

extra medium

• Look what "rare finds" one can procure at any Salvation Army store!!

Where are the photoshop experts on this one?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    2 words...

Hugo Winterhalter

I remember picking this up at salvation and being all excited in my extreme early days of diggin

found some good supremes and zepelin at the salvation army though and of course lets not forget our man

both these guys have hilarious names

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you guys seriously don't find better shit at Salvation Army?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

from time to time. i like salvation because they always have a shit load of records. long diggin but some variety. better than some other small time thrift shops.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

My best find at a Salvation Army was a minty Eugene McDaniels - Outlaw for $2.

I heart "salvi"

• Ive seen one of these in every thrift shop I've been in from Albany, New York to Bellingham, Washington and everywhere in between.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    GENIUS!

Ive seen one of these in every thrift shop I've been in from Albany, New York to Bellingham, Washington and everywhere in between.

i get soooo fuckin sick of seeing those!

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i've found songs of innocense,babs and ernie and the jazzercise joint(lea darwin) the conmen put on one of their first 2 mixes which is just a 3 minute drum break at the salavation army.

i also love the salvo.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i've found songs of innocense,babs and ernie and the jazzercise joint(lea darwin) the conmen put on one of their first 2 mixes which is just a 3 minute drum break at the salavation army.

i also love the salvo.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

i also love the salvo.

i have also found song of innocence and barbara & ernie at a SALVO

• i've found songs of innocense,babs and ernie and the jazzercise joint(lea darwin) the conmen put on one of their first 2 mixes which is just a 3 minute drum break at the salavation army.

Crap, I just found that jazz dance LP and thought it was all

O well.

I heart "salvi"
    salvi in so cal is kinna worthless since the homie S**** from ******** has shit on lock for years, all records that go to salvi get shipped to their main disrto center before they hit the floor & dude gets to sit in a warehouse of records bout 1x a week & cop silly... then his scraps hit the stores, but he does slip now & then but when i was out there it got dropped from my routes...

now they in nor cal crkink?

that explains a lot. I mostly found stuff at Goodwill in OC.

SA's are decent up here.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Forget about Phoenix Salv. Army's.....they don't even sell records anymore. I used to get some very decent stuff there at one point in time.

• Found a DJ Quik Tonite 12" yesterday. Shit is nice on the remix. I've found other shit too but I can't remember, personally Goodwill is the spot but I haven't gone to any in a while.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

damn what salvo you been hitting around here? secret salvos? because the only ones i know are permanantly mantovanied out.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

You rule Gloom! Best shit ever, look at in drag. ha

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

damn what salvo you been hitting around here? secret salvos? because the only ones i know are permanantly mantovanied out.

well technically, the barbara and ernie was up in north jersey, where i used to go to school.

but the axelrod, that was at the one on south broad street. the ONE time i've ever found anything remotely decent there.

• the best shit i've found at a salvation army was shawn phillips spaced. i found about 8 copies there over the years for some reason. oh yeah i found a whole bunch of sealed 9th creations in a salvo in el paso in 95. other than that it's been all crap. the worst are those records on myrhh.

now goodwill is another story.