Sputnik?

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited November 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Sidney Owens & The North South Connection "Sputnik" (Moving Up '45)How rare is this one?

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Sidney Owens & The North South Connection "Sputnik" (Moving Up '45)

How rare is this one?

Pretty rare. Not "Great Deltas" or "Trace of Smoke" rare, but it's still fairly scarce.

• anyone got one for me?

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

How rare is this one?

Pretty rare. Not "Great Deltas" or "Trace of Smoke" rare, but it's still fairly scarce.

Seen more copies of Tra La La than Sputnik for sale

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

How rare is this one?

was just listening to your comp while studying and got to Sputnik and had to check to see what that track was.

cool shit.

Peace.

How rare is this one?

I remember there being a few copies around a couple of years ago, but haven't seen it recently. At least 4 copies of Sputnik have been on ebay this year. I have no idea how often the Great Deltas might have been on lists, though.

• Sidney Owens & The North South Connection "Sputnik" (Moving Up '45)

How rare is this one?

At least 4 copies of Sputnik have been on ebay this year.

How much did it go for?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    if i remember correctly one ended at around $200.. but it might have been more.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

My copy cost me ??80 a year or so back, I've seen it on the bay once since, went for over $200 closer $250, a totally amazing record, part of my next CD mix I'm about to do!!

• if i remember correctly one ended at around $200.. but it might have been more.

My copy cost me ??80 a year or so back, I've seen it on the bay once since, went for over $200 closer $250, a totally amazing record, part of my next CD mix I'm about to do!!

there is nothing like the feeling of hyping your own records, ey beaver?

• RezRez 164 Posts

Record Hype is justified here...special 45...

Rez

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    special 45

I would generally agree. It's on the very very short list of Things That Sound Like Melvin Bliss. I give Melvin the edge because it sounds more sincere to me, but yeah, "Sputnik" is a serious one. I would ask, though, that anyone who includes this in their mix please be sure to contextualize it among some equally special stuff, lest it throw into too-stark relief the comparative unremarkability of most other similar material and reduce the rest of your shit to table salt. I would love love love to hear a mix wherein "Sputnik" was not the most bugged thing. This is my grown-up Christmas list. I know there's dudes here that can do it. Excelsior.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

I'll only hype what I truely believe in, no false prophets here bro

• ive wanted this for years now.

me tooooooo

• Yeah it was on one of the World of Beats right? I remember asking Phil about this, and it was one he really didn't want to reveal.

yada yada yack yack, well teddy wants one too, why did you think I posted this thread in the wants forum. Anyhows the good lord smiled upon me and beaver has decided to sell me his copy

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    ive wanted this for years now.

yada yada yack yack, well teddy wants one too, why did you think I posted this thread in the wants forum. Anyhows the good lord smiled upon me and beaver has decided to sell me his copy

Quickest $5000 I ever made

Quickest $5000 I ever made

You know what they say, can't put a price on art ..

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think about 800 more people are after it now... The Strut Effect...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Whoah. I need to step up my 45 game.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    holy fuck that is awesome. how much does this really sell for? 5000?

Last copy went for like $250 or something. Carnah*n sold it.

Traded a copy of Soul Crusaders "funky jive" for mine. bwahahahah!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Didn't somebody get one of these off GEMM or something real cheap?

• Traded a copy of Soul Crusaders "funky jive" for mine. bwahahahah!

MEATY: "soul crusaders orchestra is hard NOT to find in Chicago."

MEATY: "soul crusaders orchestra is hard NOT to find in Chicago."

hahahaha. it's funny cause it's true.

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts

Last copy went for like $250 or something. Carnah*n sold it.

Funky Jive, should have called it Funky Shite, a truely awful fu*king 45