members/lurker DJs in SD and surrounding areas

deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
edited November 2005 in Announcements
Hey,,Open call for anyone on Soulstrut here or lurking in the area interested in playing at a cool spot in SD. Ive recently been approached to open up happy hours (5 pm- 9) to have people play every day of the week. DJs work on a flat minimum to make it worthwhile, but a variable max of 10% of bar, whichever is greater. Its not large dough Gs or anything but its a good start. I am new to booking things, but have been playing records for a minute and make music, know your plight, and definitely don't wanna be the shady club guy. I will be up front with all details involving $$If anything its a good outlet to continue getting things popping around here and get dough. I have a great deal of respect for alot of you on Soulstrut and your deep knowledge across the spectrum. I have no idea how many of you there are around here, and who could be lurking. Some people repped on AC nights include dudes like Cosmo and the Rub dudes and Money Studies guys, SD radio alt rock station FM94.9 also host a night here if you are familiar with the area. Some styles of music I'm looking for are real rap shit, krautrock, good rock (as opposed to soft serve bullshit), reggae/dancehall, freakbeat, latin, psych, nowave, man I really hate listing genres, soul, all decades facemelt ETC (not all at once, do what you do best)Its a medium sized venue, and equally prone to people chilling or dancing. I also posted this on the Hollerboard. I don't really mess with any web message boards other than these two, try to post and contribute when I can, and time is at a premium. The money for me really isn't that great, I get paid a small monthly salary and seperately as a DJ but it is definitely a side grind. Am doing it mostly to help immerse the scene with good music ya smell me? This is winded so just PM me if this sounds interesting and you're around, andgive me a call if I know you and haven't approached you already. If I don't know you, I need something to listen to. (ps- I will be doing something like this for the LA area too, owners have opened up a new club in Santa Monica. Preliminary hollering is encouraged.)

Comments