I need a Gay record.........

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Do any of you know about this gay record with a drawing of a penis on the cover and guy riding it like a horse? It has a break on it. I forgot what it was called.

Comments

• I think they have some used records.

• Do any of you know about this gay record with a drawing of a penis on the cover and guy riding it like a horse? It has a break on it. I forgot what it was called.

um...I think the particular album your looking for is MICKEY'S 7 "Rocket to Stardom"...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Yep, that's the one. Thanks. Anybody got a copy for me?

• I would like to see that cover (no homo)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    are the dudes that made this record really gay? cuz it's kinda rad

• are the dudes that made this record really gay? cuz it's kinda rad

Yeah, pretty hard to believe that gay people can put out good records.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this album isnt good. but it's got some cool parts i guess. and i wasnt saying that in correlation to gays making good music, it just kinda sounded like a joke album to me.

• I heard C&C Music Factory were blatant homophobes.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I remember stories about SNAP! playing gay clubs on the strength of the I Got the Power song (which was a hijacked track as well) and getting into all kinds of beefs, and shouting anti-gay shit on the mic, all kinds of madness.
    Some of these dudes have trouble accepting their own target audience.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

Some of these dudes have trouble accepting their own target audience.

Hahaha... I always wondered what Sly&Robbie thought of Levan and the NY crew.

They played here along with Michael Rose a few years back. When he left the stage the duo got into some heavy riddim playing. All is good until some young Danish hippie rasta jumps on stage and gives Robbie a big kiss on the cheek, Robbie greets the kiss by hitting this guy right in the face.
    When will these middleclass kids from Europe learn that rastafari isn't THAT much about peace & love.

• Do any of you know about this gay record with a drawing of a penis on the cover and guy riding it like a horse? It has a break on it. I forgot what it was called.

I'd check with Reynaldo. I heard he has doubles.

• Speaking about gay records, I found an album named "Lesbian Concentrate - a Lesbianthology of songs and poems" this weekend. It's on Olivia Records and came out in 1977. No real breaks, but the first song, "Don't pray for me" is a nice soul song with piano and fender rhodes. In the booklet it is mentioned that records by the singer Linda Tillery and the songwriter Mary Watkins were planned to be released - anyone who knows anything about those records?

• this is the linda tillery lp, contains 'freedom time' and many other niiice tunes.

• this is the linda tillery lp, contains 'freedom time' and many other niiice tunes.

yea..."freemdom time" and "Markin Time" stands out to me. It's been a while since I checked it so there might be some other decent tunes.

I always wondered if there were any other dope records on the Olivia label besides from Linda Tillery and Baba Yaga? I also have one by mary wtkins but i'm not feeling that one much.

• mary watkins actually has various nice moments on there...at least 3

teresa trull might have a bright spot or two.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I always wondered if there were any other dope records on the Olivia label besides from Linda Tillery and Baba Yaga? I also have one by mary wtkins but i'm not feeling that one much.

There might be breakz or samplez on some of the otherz, but those three are the only ones known for their listening potential...

• The Berkeley Women???s Music Collective album on Olivia has a passable retitled ripoff of Donnie Hathaway's "The Ghetto" as I recall.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The Berkeley Women???s Music Collective album on Olivia has a passable retitled ripoff of Donnie Hathaway's "The Ghetto" as I recall.

hm... I recently put that in a toss pile, perhaps it needs a second listen

• Does anyone know anything about this record?

I passed it up a few months back but am regretting it now.

• The Berkeley Women???s Music Collective album on Olivia has a passable retitled ripoff of Donnie Hathaway's "The Ghetto" as I recall.

hm... I recently put that in a toss pile, perhaps it needs a second listen

Don't get too excited. When I say passable... I mean passable.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    I've had a few of the Olivia albums but musically they didn't really do anything. There was one cut about this girl being in love with her female (obviously) gym teacher which was kinda funny.