Burt Bacharach w/Dr Dre poo (Audio)

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Finally, after decades of waiting.. hip hop and Bacharach.Go Ask Shakespeare feat. Dr Dre on drum programming care of Spine Mag.My 2 cents say that this sucks balls. Why is it that whenever these dudes that made good records back in the day do a new album it ends up sounding terribly 90's and cheeseball? Also, any 14 year old mpc owner could have done those drums. Damn.DISCUSS.

Comments

• Sounds like shitty call-waiting music...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Love it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Amazing!!!

• Lite Rap

It's a little disappointing to see that Dr. Dre has only been used as a marketing tool and nothing else.

Of course, it's better than a lot of shit.

I would've liked to see more real instruments, tho.

• 5 out of 10 points

• Sounds like shit. Especially at the 3 minute mark. Burt's voice is disappointing and the lyrics are shit.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    5 out of 10 points

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Sounds like a boring Bob James track. Is it really coming out?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    wtf is Rufus Wainwright doing in the mix? uuuuugh.

It's got those "dramatic" Dre strings, but the keys and "winds" are disgusting in a very bad bad way. BOOOOOOOOO.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i refuse to believe that Dre had any input in this track...it's like "hear those violin stabs coz there's nothing else!!!"
    not to mention the Brass Synth!!!! I mean wtf is wring with that Casio sound before the singer comes in??? Shyt is as cheezy as some Earl Klugh rejected tracks. Hated it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    THis is some of the worst shit ive heard in a long time.

• lite rap lol

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i like it. dont hatt

• The album as a whole is nice...but nice nice.
    Wimpy drums.
    I've got the whole album here as a promo... It's like WOW!!!! Not.
    Thought it would be slightly more adventurous. Sounds like some throwaway pedestrian 'my first drums' type of steez.

Drum Loop by Dr Dre. Fulll credits here[/b]

• I would've liked to see more real instruments, tho.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The album as a whole is nice...but nice nice.
    Wimpy drums.
    I've got the whole album here as a promo... It's like WOW!!!! Not.
    Thought it would be slightly more adventurous. Sounds like some throwaway pedestrian 'my first drums' type of steez.

Drum Loop by Dr Dre. Fulll credits here[/b]

Ew, This is horrible. Almost as bad as the Utada Hikaru CD i picked up with Timbaland production and Jon theodore on drums.

*gag*

- spidey

• the music is pretty fresh, y'all are bugging. i was expecting to hear some doo-doo, but this is hot.

dre programmed the drums? they sound live to me...