how to deal with returning a record? ebay related

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i just bought a record from a dude from the UK he said "Sound quality is superb throughout with just a very occasional light crackle detectable but really only here and there" and there is some major noise through almost all of side b and a lot of side a and he graded it excellenti have already contacted him and told him iam not happy with the record and that i would like a refund, what do i have to do so that i dont get screwed and make sure i get my money back (i paid through paypal), i have never done this on ebay before and was wondering if any of you who have have any suggestions for me

Comments

• Get him to refund half of the costs upfront, then send the record registered so you know he'll receive it, then he refunds the rest?

• I always use paypal when returning damaged items from ebay. It's the best way to protect yourself. You don't want to return the record and have the seller keep your money.
    I think you can file a dispute through paypal. After the seller gets the record and you get your refund, you can cancel the dispute.
    If you email him beforehand and explain that you are just filing the dispute to protect yourself, he shouldn't have a problem with it.