Aka Cassius Clay Soundtrack. Exist?

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Friend's dad asked me wether there was a soundtrack for this 1970 documentary. He reckons I'd like it because 'it's your kind of music'. And his son wants me to track it down for him becasue 'you're into that stuff so it'd be easier for you to find it'... Ha! I went searching online & could find nothing to indicate their was a vinyl release. The original music used in the film was by none other than Miles Davis' producer Teo Macero.Not to be confused with the 'I am the Greatest' album by Cassius Clay.I haven't seen the doco, but I'm now intrigued. Anyone seen it or know if it even exists?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Friend's dad asked me wether there was a soundtrack for this 1970 documentary. He reckons I'd like it because 'it's your kind of music'.
    And his son wants me to track it down for him becasue 'you're into that stuff so it'd be easier for you to find it'... Ha!

I went searching online & could find nothing to indicate their was a vinyl release.
    The original music used in the film was by none other than Miles Davis' producer Teo Macero.
    Not to be confused with the 'I am the Greatest' album by Cassius Clay.

I haven't seen the doco, but I'm now intrigued.

Anyone seen it or know if it even exists?

Don't know about an OST(and I have never heard of one)for this, but that flick is great! Way better than watching 'Ali' because it involves Ali commenting on his fights and life, and features some really sick footage from his career. Highly recommended.