Mix CDs from girlfriends

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
She gave me one yesterday, which had the following songs on it...

The Eels "Beautiful Freak"
Ozzy Osbourne "Bark At The Moon"
Janis Joplin "Take A Little Piece Of My Heart"
Prince "Darling Nikki"
Crass "White Punks On Hope"
Nightmare Of The Elf "Brat"
The Damned "You Know"
Jimi Hendrix Experience "Third Stone From The Sun"
Duran Duran "The Chauffeur"
Die My Darling "Our Behaviour"
Queen "Bicycle Race"

Good taste, in my honest opinion.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    are these tracks burned from the original vinyl pressings?

• I got one from a girlfriend in 10th grade. She put game killers on there. "you don't have to take your clothes off. to have a good time..." and "Let's wait a while, before we go to far"

• She put game killers on there. "you don't have to take your clothes off. to have a good time..." and "Let's wait a while, before we go to far"

hahahahahaha!

• I was chatting with this girl online once and we started trading mix tapes through the mail. This was before MP3's when dial-up was the only name in the game. I think she was about 18 or 19 at the time. I didn't think much of it really. I just thought it was fun to be trading tapes with someone and getting introduced to some cool music. One day she asked me how old I was.

14 years old.

Haha! I think she was developing some feelings for me. This was way back when of course.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    My wife recently opened a box of old tapes i had made her way back when, complete with covers, it was classic to listen to my so called mixes ( button stylee) the thing is, my musical taste hasnt changed much since then or as she puts it "has gotten weirder".

could be worse i guess, she has a tape from an exboyfriend with meatloaf on it.

A little wine with my dinner so I'm a grape ape
    I feel like a winner when I make a mix tape
    Because I get ill when I'm on the pause button
    And I get my fill and you can't say nothing

• I got one from a girlfriend in 10th grade. She put game killers on there. "you don't have to take your clothes off. to have a good time..." and "Let's wait a while, before we go to far"

this girl gave me a mix CD a few weeks ago and it was mostly songs about breaking up, everything from atmosphere to whiskeytown. i told her it was kinda premature since we weren't even dating.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    if anyone ever put atmosphere on a mix for me i would kill myself

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i dated this girl for a few weeks, and when we broke up, she sent me a mixtape with one ani difranco song on it.... over and over. i never even listened to it, recorded over it, and gave it to another girl.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I got one from a girlfriend in 10th grade. She put game killers on there. "you don't have to take your clothes off. to have a good time..." and "Let's wait a while, before we go to far"

this girl gave me a mix CD a few weeks ago and it was mostly songs about breaking up, everything from atmosphere to whiskeytown. i told her it was kinda premature since we weren't even dating.

She still hanging on to past relationship, ditch her!

One time I went on a date with this girl and we were talking in her car, smoking a little herb, before going into a movie, and she pops in a Radiohead CD and starts talking about how it was her and her ex-(longterm)boyfriend's favorite band, that they had shared some many memories with their music. It was awkward as hell. I knew right then that I would never call her again, despite her being intelligent and sexy. Then, to make matters even worse, the movie sucked. I think it was that ghost movie with little children and Nicole Kidman.

My current lady cannot be bothered with mixtapes. She's had all sorts of drama with her CD collection getting jacked by her sister. Plus, she's really messy, so even when I make her a CD or something, it ends up with some weird, sticky foodstuff from her car. But, it's OK, she's worth the trouble.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i dated this girl for a few weeks, and when we broke up, she sent me a mixtape with one ani difranco song on it.... over and over. i never even listened to it, recorded over it, and gave it to another girl.

when i dumped my girlfriend in 6th grade she left that jewel song "who will save your soul" on my answering machine.

• i dated this girl for a few weeks, and when we broke up, she sent me a mixtape with one ani difranco song on it.... over and over. i never even listened to it, recorded over it, and gave it to another girl.

earlier this year i got a mix tape from a then-recent ex i had been with for four years. the theme of the tape was songs she used to listen to when we were together and she was miserable. the first side was three songs from beck's "sea change" over and over and over. then she called up late on a friday night to "discuss" the tape, and that turned into a booty call.

girls are weird, but i love them.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    when i dumped my girlfriend in 6th grade she left that jewel song "who will save your soul" on my answering machine.
    man, you're young!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Damn, man, that girl sounds like serious bad news... with stalker potential.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    man, you're young!

yep. 21.

actually, it was 7th grade now that i think about it.

• earlier this year i got a mix tape from a then-recent ex i had been with for four years. the theme of the tape was songs she used to listen to when we were together and she was miserable. the first side was three songs from beck's "sea change" over and over and over. then she called up late on a friday night to "discuss" the tape, and that turned into a booty call.