Design Dudes...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone here ever created a Type Face using Fontographer? Is it hard? Anyone wanna lace me with the software? Thanks in advance,Tom

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    i done did it.
    I can hook you up later tonight. it's not very tough at all.
    you can even create your ish in illustrator and bring it in.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    This is definitely the look for 2005... let me holler at that to castleD!

• i so need to get up on this. me and my folks got stacks of typefaces sitting around in illustrator that we need to hook up. whatever you send to tomdelay, plase to sending my way if possible.

thanks!
    mike

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    i so need to get up on this. me and my folks got stacks of typefaces sitting around in illustrator that we need to hook up. whatever you send to tomdelay, plase to sending my way if possible.

thanks!
    mike

It's true. If your fonts aren't tight you ain't shite in the design world.

For me it's all about Blender and Achen DK. So hot in action sports right now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    come on dudes, look around a little, you can find fontographer in the virtual and real world purchase from macromedia.com

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    i so need to get up on this. me and my folks got stacks of typefaces sitting around in illustrator that we need to hook up. whatever you send to tomdelay, plase to sending my way if possible.

thanks!
    mike

Plaese to send it to me too!!! How can I be down?

SG

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i done did it.

for Mac? yes plaese.

i done did it.

for Mac? yes plaese.

mac dudes. pssshhhhhhttttt

maybe. i need to get that on these macs over here. should be, like mylatency said, just a download away.

I SAID PURCHASE FROM MACROMEDIA.COM OR REALZ VENDORZ

NOT DOWNLOAD

B LEGIT

I SAID PURCHASE FROM MACROMEDIA.COM OR REALZ VENDORZ

NOT DOWNLOAD

B LEGIT

really though, I'll try to see if I can get that in a minute.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

thanks!
    mike

You Design Dudes are some fuckin' toys!

I rocked the delivery job at a copy center in '96, and this gay dude with thick bottle glasses and some serious dragon breath who lived in a hotel in the Tinderloin and had a crazy crush on "Johnny" (the Chinese manager, who was some Chinatown mafia dude that lived with moms but ran shit on the streets in his lowered Acura with glass packs (sp?)) was all over that shit handmade tech-like style. Dude saw me trying to draw on a stupid flyer (this was back when there were advertisemenets for "DESKTOP PUBLISHING" in every window) and said, "You want me to show you how to do something cool?" He had me write the alphabet in lower and upper case, scanned it, then worked some voodoo on it. BAM! I had my own faunt.

GET A LATE PASS! STEP!

He was nice. Came over to the pad one night and helped my girlfriend in a law-school-paper-due-tomorrow crunch. Oh, and years later I got an email from him, and he hit that shit with Johnny (no Koncepts), Johnny was over telling him about some three-way with strippers, and my dude just posed the question. So, them thugs get bi-curious too, fuck what you heard.

(But yeah, seriously, I'm interested to see what you guys do with this.)

• BAM! I had my own faunt.

Little Lord FONT-leroy?

And that's some crazy shit about Johnny. There's a joke in there somewhere about "triads" and "three-ways" but I ain't goin' anywhere near it (C-Town has ears!).

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    BAM! I had my own faunt.

Little Lord FONT-leroy?

When it's selected from a drop-down window, it's font. When you own that shit, it's faunt. (From Scandanavian flaunt; akin to Old Norse flana to rush around.)

Get with the nomenclature, doggie!

C-Town has ears.[/b]

• BAM! I had my own faunt.

Little Lord FONT-leroy?

When it's selected from a drop-down window, it's font. When you own that shit, it's faunt. (From Scandanavian flaunt; akin to Old Norse flana to rush around.)

Ewe madde, Dawggy.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    BAM! I had my own faunt.

Little Lord FONT-leroy?

let me get all geeky here and say, a font is all the text... a type face is all the text, punctuation and numbers. STEP!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i haven't rocked fontogrqapher in about 5 years or so.. i seem to recall it was real to get yer dome around back tghen

but the font blending feature was illness.

no i just draw my shit in illustrator.. i shal lhave to enquire.

any mac dudes rocking Tiger yet??

i m about to instsall.. wondering if anybodies found any issues or anything??