Intrinsic materialism in hiphop

13»

Comments

• Yeah, well, I think we know where AssistantBeezy stands on the issue of materialism. If anything, he should be celebrating the fact that, despite the adversity Johnny faced, he still aspired to be rich and ???flaunt??? wealth and wasn???t so damaged as to buy into the idea of being satisfied being poor (or not rich).

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Yeah, well, I think we know where AssistantBeezy stands on the issue of materialism. If anything, he should be celebrating the fact that, despite the adversity Johnny faced, he still aspired to be rich and ???flaunt??? wealth and wasn???t so damaged as to buy into the idea of being satisfied being poor (or not rich).

well at least you read it. You are pretty much agreeing with my post. I wasnt criminalizing it or saying it was bad. I was pointing out why, in rap, the music is about the riches and wealth.

Furhtermore you have no idea how I stand on the issue of materialism. I never addressed my own personal opinions on it.

once again, please retake 3rd grade reading comprehension. Then re-read my posts.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Yeah, well, I think we know where AssistantBeezy stands on the issue of materialism. If anything, he should be celebrating the fact that, despite the adversity Johnny faced, he still aspired to be rich and ???flaunt??? wealth and wasn???t so damaged as to buy into the idea of being satisfied being poor (or not rich).

Well, I'm impressed. There's a lot of words on that post, not the usual 5 or 6.
    The "AssistantBeezy" part is out of place, it's a falacy to attack your "oponent" and not his ideas.

Anyway, big improvement. A+++++, highly recommended, will do business again.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Well, I'm impressed. There's a lot of words on that post, not the usual 5 or 6.
    The "AssistantBeezy" part is out of place, it's a falacy to attack your "oponent" and not his ideas.

Anyway, big improvement. A+++++, highly recommended, will do business again.

hahaha.

that is funny.

Yes more words this time which is a huge step up.

I dont understand the AssistantBeezy line so I ignored it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You spelled "fallacy" and "opponent" wrong.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Faux, I'm a spanish speaking dude, never claimed to be Shakespeare wrong spelling, right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Faux, I'm a spanish speaking dude, never claimed to be Shakespeare wrong spelling, right?

I know--I was just making a joke by attacking you and your spelling, rather than your ideas.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I know--I was just making a joke by attacking you and your spelling, rather than your ideas.

HAHA, well, you're implying that I DO have ideas. Thanks! My wife disagrees with you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

funny, I think 50 can be seen on the back of this album cover hangin out with the posse when he was 12 or so....

The original 50Cent not the rapper/moviestar/videogame.

"I got a color tv/so I can see/the Knicks play basketball."