paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Just started fucking with this.
Please to give feedback...

okay.....

Comments

• Okay. It should work now,

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    dope stuff for sure! let me know when i can buy it!

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Dope! modern soul flavor!

• I don't know if it's the mp3 compression but the kick feels a little soft. Drums could use some eq. Over all it's amazing. Good work.

• The hats are panned too far to the left... Ha, kidding..

Oooh, remixing Rhymefest's 'Brand New"... Got rid of that Dap Kings loop eh?
    This is superfresh as usual.
    Dope Paul... Another notch in tha belt. Buying this for sure.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Just started fucking with this.
    Please to give feedback...

okay.....

As a Modern soul dude, I am truly trule feelin' this track! VERY...howyousay...SCHMOOVE. I likes it.

SG

• Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Re: the EQ/sound, etc., I don't have ANY drums underneath at the moment.
    I'm thinking that I might keep it that way. It actually sounds like it doesn't need any listening through my JBL's.
    And yes, putting it through yousendit has substantially lowered the quality.

While I'm on the topic, what hip hop joints can you think of that DON'T use any additional drums?
    The Sylvia Striplin / Junior Mafia "Get Money" is the only one I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there's plenty more, no?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    !!

I like the drums being soft, adds to the over all feel of the track (trying to picture harder drums in my mind, but can't really, too early ).

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

I'm thinking that I might keep it that way. It actually sounds like it doesn't need any listening through my JBL's.

While I'm on the topic, what hip hop joints can you think of that DON'T use any additional drums?
    The Sylvia Striplin / Junior Mafia "Get Money" is the only one I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there's plenty more, no?

mabye just throw some real deep 808's every 4 bars or so, other than that leave it. SHit is fire!

Is this gonna be official? It should be.

• mabye just throw some real deep 808's every 4 bars or so,

Yes!! I believe that's exactly what it needs.
    Thanks.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with it yet. I just made it before posting it.
    I about to play it for Mark Ronson now (Rhymefest being his artist).

• Sounds great! I like that McKinley J n tune too. It would be nice to get this on wax to spice up that ol' "modern soul" party.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    mabye just throw some real deep 808's every 4 bars or so,

Yes!! I believe that's exactly what it needs.
    Thanks.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with it yet. I just made it before posting it.
    I about to play it for Mark Ronson now (Rhymefest being his artist).

do that shit! We need more paul nice releases!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

The only one I can think of is Herb Alpert / Biggie's "Hypnotized" - drums may have been added but the og already had a nice big sound to it.....

As far as the remix - the shit is cool. I agree it just needs a little something, to me the drums kind of get lost between all the music and vocals... But an overall thumbs up...

• Nice, but dare i say it, it sounds kind of like a "mash up" rather than a straight up remix, very enjoyable though, props Paul...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    That's tight. It gives the original another dimension altogether, and the vocals sit nice on the loop. The Mikey Dread sample at the front end is a clever touch as well.

• thumbs up paul, nice work.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    nice one! sounds good as is to my ears.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    NICE remix dun!
    Modern soul "Come live with me angel" + Paul Nice, Rhymefest & Kanye =

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If anyone has a spare of the og of this I've been looking for it for some time now..
    hit me up on the pm.

It's an Isley Bros. related record you know.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    New Jersey

• Post deleted by picoandsepulveda

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Eyh! What is THE [/b] sample... I know that ish.

• real tight. like to have it on wax.

• Dope shit. Much better than the original.
    Damn Paul this should be official - you need to shine!