Akai MPC60II ish

BusCrates78BusCrates78 159 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
just ran into some trouble where certain there's 2 pads that don't work in the first bank, but they work in the other ones (I'm running OS 3.10 so there's 4 banks). When I press DRUM MIX and press Stereo Out Mixer, the display is not showing 2 volume/pan controls, which corresponds to the 2 pads that don't work on the first bank. Anybody ever run into some ish like that?

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    These dudes seem to know it all... never heard of that problem...

• Thanks, Ray. I just went there and posted that I'm about to get rid of it. I miss the 2000Xl.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Bus, I'm sure that this can be fixed... I think you can replace the pads... give those guys some time to respond... people usually say that the 60 is the best machine to have so you dont want to toss it just because it gives you a little trouble...

hmmm... then again, I would be interested in your upgrade as I am still on 2.12 ... everyone gives me the dirtiest look when I tell then that... either they are like "dude, whats your problem" or "You must be really good to make songs with that."

Hang in there Bus!

• I figured out that out of all the machines I went through (Ensoniq EPS [two of them] Akai MPC2000XL, Boss SP-303, Akai S950 [I had one of those, sold it cause it gave me a headache, then recently decided to give it another shot cause I got one cheap for $102.50, the timestretch is the fastest], Ensoniq EPS16+ rack), the XL is the one I'm most comfortable with. And if I need the gritty steez, I still have the S950. I was listening to some of my old XL beats, I was

Time to dig out all the records to start an MPC2000XL fund..