I GOT LAID!!!

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
offfinally. there's like 5 people in an office for about 100 folks here. next friday is my last day. no more innernet my childrens. anyone got any "under the table" work for me? or better yet, a real job?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    "under the table" work for me?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I clicked immediately, to see cellphonephotoessayraer.

good luck with the job search. bad jobs are worse than no jobs.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    You just made me embarrass my delf, laughing all loud and schitt. Not at you getting laid (off), of course.

• File for unemployment a week from Monday; you can do it over the phone. Don't delay!

And post your schitt up on Monster and HotJobs. That's how I got my last two jobs.

Oh, and get laid.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    File for unemployment a week from Monday; you can do it over the phone. Don't delay!

And post your schitt up on Monster and HotJobs. That's how I got my last two jobs.

Oh, and get laid.

Ross Hogg got that advice!

"I take comfort in knowing I will learn a lot from you."

• On a related topic, anyone know of a good resume web site? I want to get mine in order and I need some help and up to date advice...

• thanks dudes!

btw, im currently trying to NOT get laid. got a couple weirdos following me around. girls down here are kinda odd. just call me Mr. Damn.

• got a couple weirdos following me around. girls down here are kinda odd. just call me Mr. Damn.

my weirdos that follow me around are thee ultimate little dudes, have severe mental probs and are really hard to evade.

anyway, how are girls down there odd?

• sorry to hear that hammie.

do you have @v*d experience? are you trying to stay in the industry? i'll ask m***a if she has any leads. a lot of emails go by her, but most are freelance type gigs. though it seems to me you should look into some food services type job. maybe a taste tester? quality control manager? maybe you could get a job at ding dong dang? i can't even imagine the employee perks.

monster and hotjobs are good suggestions. try craigslist as well. you might even be able to get a job as a "masseuse"

• got a couple weirdos following me around. girls down here are kinda odd. just call me Mr. Damn.

my weirdos that follow me around are thee ultimate little dudes, have severe mental probs and are really hard to evade.

oh shit. well, first let me preface this by saying that this is just my opinion and LA is huge so you can pretty much find every faction and subfaction of culture here.

here's the thing. there are a lot of hot chicks down here. and there is a lot of emphasis placed on how you look. which is great for my eyes, but it greats this kind of hysteria among women. now please dont confuse this with male chauvinism as it is my belief that the hysteria among LA women is not caused so much by men, but rather the competition of other females. which leads to a lot of insecurities. which leads to jealousy. which leads to a lot of catty bitch fights, off-hand comments, backbiting territorial pissings, etc.

now you couple this hysteria with the fact that LA is a car culture town. and by this i mean it aint like SF where you can leisurely hang out with folks and see folks at the local bar or grocery store. no, if you go outside of your house in LA, youll be in your car for a minimum of 20 minutes and anywhere from 10 to 30 miles from your own neirghborhood. you better be dressed to the knives cuz you dont really "run into" folks here see. this makes for some aggressive women. which again, is nice. in a way. but not nice in so many other ways. see, im an old fashioned small town country boy. i dont like how fast you city girls move. i love the way you all look, but slow down sparky. see, when you live in a prototypical urban sprawl like LA, there's this sort of desperation among all sexes that if you dont jump on a shig you wont ever see me again. not that this is true, but the geographical layout of the city kind of creates this illusion.

make sense? i can go further into this, but youll have to point me in the direction of some jobs for that to happen sister.

• sorry to hear that hammie.

do you have @v*d experience? are you trying to stay in the industry? i'll ask m***a if she has any leads. a lot of emails go by her, but most are freelance type gigs. though it seems to me you should look into some food services type job. maybe a taste tester? quality control manager? maybe you could get a job at ding dong dang? i can't even imagine the employee perks.

monster and hotjobs are good suggestions. try craigslist as well. you might even be able to get a job as a "masseuse"

brother, i got FCP skills. m*r*a will knowz the deal. taste testing would be AWESOME but i got no REAL WORLD experience aside from eating 3 square meals on a daily basis.

• bad jobs are worse than no jobs.

this dude got no rent and no job for next month. reciept scams and shoplifting here i come.

• taste testing would be AWESOME but i got no REAL WORLD experience aside from eating 3 square meals on a daily basis.

whatever i just started your resume...

SHIG SHIGGLESWORTH

SOMEWHERESVILLE LOS ANGELES

CA 90210

[/b]

Career Goal[/b]

Get fat for free. Maybe write something about food, but more likely write about the idiot who recommended the place.

Previous Job Experience[/b]

*deleted by request*

exhibit b

oh shit. well, first let me preface this by saying that this is just my opinion and LA is huge so you can pretty much find every faction and subfaction of culture here.

here's the thing. there are a lot of hot chicks down here. and there is a lot of emphasis placed on how you look. which is great for my eyes, but it greats this kind of hysteria among women. now please dont confuse this with male chauvinism as it is my belief that the hysteria among LA women is not caused so much by men, but rather the competition of other females. which leads to a lot of insecurities. which leads to jealousy. which leads to a lot of catty bitch fights, off-hand comments, backbiting territorial pissings, etc.

now you couple this hysteria with the fact that LA is a car culture town. and by this i mean it aint like SF where you can leisurely hang out with folks and see folks at the local bar or grocery store. no, if you go outside of your house in LA, youll be in your car for a minimum of 20 minutes and anywhere from 10 to 30 miles from your own neirghborhood. you better be dressed to the knives cuz you dont really "run into" folks here see. this makes for some aggressive women. which again, is nice. in a way. but not nice in so many other ways. see, im an old fashioned small town country boy. i dont like how fast you city girls move. i love the way you all look, but slow down sparky. see, when you live in a prototypical urban sprawl like LA, there's this sort of desperation among all sexes that if you dont jump on a shig you wont ever see me again. not that this is true, but the geographical layout of the city kind of creates this illusion.

shig i completely hear what you're saying and agree for the most part, but i have had to deal with territorial & competitive women all over the place. i don't think that kind of phenomonon/wack behavior is excluded only to the southern region of cali, but it probably is amplified to some exaggerated degree there. almost on a cartoonish level.

honestly, i was just curious what you meant by odd and was hoping you had some juicy and hilarious stories about crazy women you've dated in la.

i wish i had some job advice for you, but i have had bad experiences with getting jobs myself when i've been downsized in the past.

Damn, this is like turning into the Asian American love advice column, sik. I am down with this.

Saying, I think I need to move back to LA or something. Those competitive types don't exist south of the O.C.

• theyre watching me!

well ms. damn, nothing is more despicable than a dude in heat so i think youd prolly have all my stories beat. and i dont discredit jealous bitches the world over. its just that it gets put out "in da streetz" here more than anywhere ive ever lived. sometimes its like living in an elimidate episode.

living in an elimidate episode.

whoa

• Saying, I think I need to move back to LA or something. Those competitive types don't exist south of the O.C.

watching too much tv man. just because they are competitive does not mean they will be competitive over you. no beef but they looking for a little more than raer. (read: )

sometimes its like living in an elimidate episode.

yeah tell them about the time you went on that date where 3 girls showed up in bikinis and you started off on a rooftop with mojitos. after that you went to the hottub and tested out their makeout skills, and then at night you went to the club to see who had the best thong.

I hear ya man. Your straight shootin' is appreciated.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you do video editing? i got a friend that did a lot of freelancing for that type of stuff. i think he just digitized video. have you looked into freelancing?

• i havent really looked into freelancing yet. dont even know where to begin except to do what im already doing. asking folls. but thanks for the heads up!

• as for shig & spaceghost your both , when you batches commin out here... zzz.zzz.zzzz

zzzzz on the real hommie. i called you guys last night. wanted to wish firmeVieja a late happy birthday. tryin to get out there to party like its 2006. make sure you get the blueberrionc on lock by then.

• aye chisme

btw, jeffie says you can get a good crease on pink izod shirts but i was like "no way bro" and he was like "yes way, ask firmerola. he's like the cam'ron of the vatos."

• ps

i still need job

• you likes that?

now plaese to remove the link to my blog before one of these wetmoufs get their diapers in a bunch.

• damn shig i realllllly did need that joint, mrs rola & i used to roll to this joint every weekend back in the day... your both a bastard & the shit for posting that, paych*ck reads this he gonna be like ahh damn another rolla bringin a tear to this vatos eye...

This song is my SHIT

I have turned Moder boogie heads on to Brenton Wood, fo sho. Constant rotation at the shoppe!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    In the last week I've been asked by 2 different networks to find people to hire on at Assistant Editor and Production assistant. I've got a few PM's in the past from folks looking for advice on how to get into TV if any of you cats are out there and lookig for work get at me via PM

• Take advantage of the unemployment benefits.

You're in the right place I assume so just push and find something new and better. Good luck.