Need some info on a 12"

Melodious_ThunkMelodious_Thunk 77 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Hey Have this 12" that I can't find boo about. The label is a private Brooklyn label called Kalico Records. The artist is Benton Baptist, and the song is " Looking Good" Came out 1983. It is a sweet synth boogie track. Cat # is 0001 BB. Prod by Dexter Daley. Can't find anything on the artist or the label itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    do you have a picture of the label?

• Options
    SOunds like the same Kalico calypso label I have a couple things on. Got a pic of the label?

(B)K in Canada.

• Lil' dude question of the day:

Took a pic of the label, what's the next step in posting it in a post? I can't put a url onto it since I just took a pic of it, it is not like I can upload it to a website .

• Options
    Describe it to me.

K.

• Red & white label. has a phoenix on it with the words CCP on top of the bird. Kalico in red letters underneath the bird

• Options
    that's it - white background, right?. It's a calypso label...with would explain the synthy disco sound - is it soca-ish?

K in Canada.

P.S. Word is similar in structure to trini food dish Kalaloo/caliloo - could be a Trini label....also, I think it means some type of fabric orgianting from India whose people have strong connections to Trinidad.

• Not at all. synth boogie. the opening synth lines are Crazy....

• Sup Melodious! Good to see you on board. 12" sounds cool

However if I posted a price check for every cool/random west indian 12" I got I would need my own forum. The best thing is to listen, and decide (based on the sound) how much you think a customer would pay for it. Defining your sound is much better than defining a price.

Taking Notes,
    J. in Manhattan

• It' actually for me Payczech. I was looking out for my own ass with the bossman. I don't wanna get gouged meself..

D-NYCe

• It' actually for me Payczech. I was looking out for my own ass with the bossman. I don't wanna get gouged meself..

D-NYCe

Oh, OK cool..........

• $30 record mint.
    most likely pops up in any ny promo dump.

typical boogie sound that the french enjoy. one could liken it to sypher.

• Cool lotus, thanks form the info....

I'd say.........

$10-15 for me........