Bernard Estardy interview

spcspc 534 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Don't know if this has been posted here before:http://www.frenchattack.com/interview/interviewestardyenglish.htmI also read somewhere else, that he was responsible for the the black devil "disco club" record. Anybody knows anything about that?

Comments

• Don't know if this has been posted here before:

http://www.frenchattack.com/interview/interviewestardyenglish.htm

I also read somewhere else, that he was responsible for the the black devil "disco club" record. Anybody knows anything about that?

Hi!

I did the ITW. We didn't mentionned this record to him. I read on VV forum that Giordano was the main man behind the Black Devil LP. I don't know that record, is it plain disco? Estardy mixed like one record a day during the 60s/70s/80s, and it's hard to know how much he was involved in every records (sound engineer? producer? keyboardist?). I recommand the Estrak Lancios record too, if you like weird disco, Estardy producing under a pseudonym..

• I don't know that record, is it plain disco?

The record is uptempo electro synth disco, and is worlds apart from anything plain. Incredibly unique for anything of that era. Lots of crazy vocoder stuff and fucked-up basslines.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    thats a weird record. but i remember all the tracks sounding almost exactly the same....

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Don't know if this has been posted here before:

http://www.frenchattack.com/interview/interviewestardyenglish.htm

I also read somewhere else, that he was responsible for the the black devil "disco club" record. Anybody knows anything about that?

Hi!

I did the ITW. We didn't mentionned this record to him. I read on VV forum that Giordano was the main man behind the Black Devil LP. I don't know that record, is it plain disco? Estardy mixed like one record a day during the 60s/70s/80s, and it's hard to know how much he was involved in every records (sound engineer? producer? keyboardist?). I recommand the Estrak Lancios record too, if you like weird disco, Estardy producing under a pseudonym..

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna look out for that Estrak Lancios record.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Wow, gemm.com says 120$ for the cosmopolitan wave lp.
    Do you have the lp? If yes, would it be possible for you to post a mp3 snippet or something?

• Wow, gemm.com says 120$ for the cosmopolitan wave lp.
    Do you have the lp? If yes, would it be possible for you to post a mp3 snippet or something?

I think I have some MP3s from the time I had a spare copy on sale. I will try to post them later.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Wow, gemm.com says 120$ for the cosmopolitan wave lp.

I think I have some MP3s from the time I had a spare copy on sale. I will try to post them later.

Thank you!!!