whoa dudes: little dude question (go easy guys)

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Alright...how do you post up an animated gif for your avatar?I know this must be the simplest shit of all time but I'm totally clueless. Plaese to help

Comments

• the .gif file has to be a link (url) which you paste into the section for an avatar in your "my home" (above)

• 1) Click the link above that says "My Home"
    2) Under "Main Configuration", click the link that has to do with "Personal information, email, password, etc."
    3) Scroll close to the bottom, and look to where it says "URL to your picture"
    4) Assuming you already have a host for that image, place the URL in there, and then press "submit"

5) If you haven't hosted your image, you can put it on sites like Imageshack, xs.to, TinyPic, etc. Or if course if you have your own site, use that URL as well.

• so, do I click on the link and paste the url it links to?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How do you make an animated gif? I use Adobe Image Maker. Maybe you are referring to dollar bin's psychodelic animated mash up of ss icons? There might be a web site or tool for that.

• no, I know how to post an image in the my home section. I'm not THAT clueless...

Look, here's the file

hhttp://pic.piczo.com/img/i5854170_81476_2.gif

I pasted it in the image box, but nothing happened.

Do I need to save this on my hard drive in order to make it work?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    no, I know how to post an image in the my home section. I'm not THAT clueless...

Look, here's the file

h[/b]http://pic.piczo.com/img/i5854170_81476_2.gif

I pasted it in the image box, but nothing happened.

Do I need to save this on my hard drive in order to make it work?

you have an extra h at the beginning of your link. Delete it and it works fine

• edubedub 715 Posts
    DOH!

• you link is busted d00d.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    JINX!!!![/b]

• Told ya I was clueless...

Thanks doods!!