fun with sleep talkers (NRR)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
is it wrong that i enjoy influencing my boyfriend's sleep talking? i have never met a sleep talker before so i don't know, it's still very amusing to me. i can have a conversation with him when he sleep talks about 90% of the time and sometimes the results are so funny and nonsensical. like i'll just say "giant pancakes" over and over and one time he just blurted out "You don't know anything about lunch!"

do any of you do this?

my roommate told me about how one time he heard his girlfriend snickering in the middle of the night. he asked her what so funny and she said "look at tony la russa" laughing some more. he asked "what about him?" and she was all "look at him in his little a's outfit!"

Comments

• My lover informs me that once I was heard to say "I am recording time in eight minute segments." Eight is the double of four. Four, for our four-part symmetry. To four parts in a union. Eight unions equals the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    that is not nice.

I sleep talk. A lot. It can be very embarrassing.

My friend who I used to live with sleep eats. Which is terrifying because he stops chewing halfway through and chokes.

I tried to wake him up and he pissed on me.

• is it wrong that i enjoy influencing my boyfriend's sleep talking? i have never met a sleep talker before so i don't know, it's still very amusing to me. i can have a conversation with him when he sleep talks about 90% of the time and sometimes the results are so funny and nonsensical. like i'll just say "giant pancakes" over and over and one time he just blurted out "You don't know anything about lunch!"

do any of you do this?

This is me, and my g/f has a blast listening, talking, etc. I am not amused!!!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    My lover informs me that once I was heard to say "I am recording time in eight minute segments." Eight is the double of four. Four, for our four-part symmetry. To four parts in a union. Eight unions equals the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching.

this is your first post? and you used the word "Lover" yuck.

• I shared a room with my brother growing up, and he used to talk in his sleep all the time. When he first graduated high school he went to culinary school. One night I came in after he was asleep and he started yelling at me about the "god damn cup cake pans". He was shouting so loud he woke my parents up downstairs. He also used to yell out ingredients. "two cups of flower bitch!" "I said egg whites asshole" He had some real anger management issues. Now he has two kids and every time I see him he looks like he is going to pass the fuck out or cry.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    You would have had a lot of fun with Dion McGregor

edit:

Showandtell music entry for the original Dion McGregor LP

• I talk in my sleep all the time. I shared a bedroom with my brother growing up and we'd catch each other saying all sorts of crazy shit. One time I heard him order a complete meal at McDonald's while fully asleep.

Even better than sleeptalking is when you wake up from a dream and think everything that happened is real. A couple of years ago, I woke my ex-girl up after one of these dreams and told her "Hey, wake up. I made you some Christmas nachos." She goes "But I'm not hungry" and we both went back to sleep.

• One time I heard him order a complete meal at McDonald's while fully asleep.

that is so funny!! did you respond to that?

i was freaked out the first time i heard it because he thought i was his brother and told me to park the bobcat. i thought i was seeing a psycho.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    is it wrong that i enjoy influencing my boyfriend's sleep talking? i have never met a sleep talker before so i don't know, it's still very amusing to me. i can have a conversation with him when he sleep talks about 90% of the time and sometimes the results are so funny and nonsensical. like i'll just say "giant pancakes" over and over and one time he just blurted out "You don't know anything about lunch!"

do any of you do this?

my roommate told me about how one time he heard his girlfriend snickering in the middle of the night. he asked her what so funny and she said "look at tony la russa" laughing some more. he asked "what about him?" and she was all "look at him in his little a's outfit!"

there was a good friend i went to school with who we used to mess with his sleep-talking if we were up hanging out and he had crashed. it was pretty fun. one time out of nowhere he told all of us that "we all just need to spread out. we need to spread out...in the universe".

i sleep talk sometimes, and i don't really care if my girlfriend messes with me. makes for funny stories. when she sleep talks she doesn't really say anything funny, but i ask her questions and she swears she'll remember the next morning and never does.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Ms. Damn, just don't take advantage of us sleep talkers or ever take what we say seriously...you've decided to enter the mind of a madman (which, I assume, we all are in our dreams), so the results will be slightly amusing or disturbing. Incidentally, I answer the phone while asleep and have entire conversations. Always troublesome to find the phone next to me the next morning and wonder, "What did I say? and to whom?"

• This is me, and my g/f has a blast listening, talking, etc. I am not amused!!!

so are you going to tell the interweb what kind of stuff you talk about?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    My family often tells this story much to my step-brothers embarrasment. Anyway, late one nigh the adults were sitting around the kitchen having a converstation. Said stepbrother then come sdown the steps, enters the kitchen, starts bumping into things. The adults do not say anything because they want to see what he is going to do next (he had a history of sleepwalking). Before they can stop him, he opens up the fridge and starts pissing, all over everything. They try to stop him, but cant because they are laughing so hard.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i don't like it when you hear them having a bad dream - want to stop it but know you shouldn't mess with that kind of thing.

• This is me, and my g/f has a blast listening, talking, etc. I am not amused!!!

so are you going to tell the interweb what kind of stuff you talk about?

Nonsensical shit... some things must stay private

next time I'm drunk dialing you might get something out of me

• my fiance does all the time, but she talks in russian so I dont know what shes saying. but it sure is cute.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    park the bobcat.

dude is just up on his worker utility vehicles.

i've been know to say some outlandish things while sleeping (usually drunk). but at the same time i enjoy getting others to say some silly talk.

have fun, just know that if he ever says some spiteful shit it may be partly your fault.

• Man, the worst happened back when I was in highschool my junior year. In the period of one month this shit happened to me three times and by the third time I was really getting pretty pissed.

My dad always woke me up as he was leaving for work by just opening the door and saying: Hey, time to get up. I would just roll out of bed and go straight for the shower. Three different times I was standing in the shower thinking: "Jesus im tired. This sucks, I cant wake up." Then when I got out of the shower I would do all my bathroom shit, getting like 80% ready to go to school then I'd open the door and BAM! pitch-black, no one's up, the clock says like 3am. Apparently I kept having a re-occuring dream that my dad would come in and wake me up, and so I'd wake up.

Shit was wack.

• My family often tells this story much to my step-brothers embarrasment. Anyway, late one nigh the adults were sitting around the kitchen having a converstation. Said stepbrother then come sdown the steps, enters the kitchen, starts bumping into things. The adults do not say anything because they want to see what he is going to do next (he had a history of sleepwalking). Before they can stop him, he opens up the fridge and starts pissing, all over everything. They try to stop him, but cant because they are laughing so hard.

This is like a megamix of all of my family's countless sleepwalking stories in one post. I'm the youngest of five kids and we ALL walked/talked in our sleep.

Except my brother, who screamed in his sleep.

And A, this is hilarious:

like i'll just say "giant pancakes" over and over and one time he just blurted out "You don't know anything about lunch!"

In 2nd grade, our teacher would let us take catnaps after lunch. I dozed off and didn't quite wake up all the way when she told us to get out our books and open them to page 50, yet somehow, in my sleep, I raised my hand to read. She, of course, called on me.

I think I said, "I'm getting warm, please," at which point the whole class laughed out loud and woke me up.

Huh?

• "Christmas nachos."

• Halloween night, wifey said I woke her up when I got into bed after 5am from the DJ gig, and she was really pissed 'cos she had to get up for work. She was about to yell at me but then I started muttering complete and utter nonsense words in my sleep, and she was so amused she couldn't be mad anymore.

But she's even better. On a regular basis, about an hour after she goes to bed, she'll scream, sit bolt-upright in bed, sweating, eyes wide open, and gasp "OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD." So I come in, tell her she's dreaming, and she always falls back hard onto the bed muttering "I'm so confused." The next day she never remembers it happening, and half the time claims I made it up.

Then once in college my roommate said I was talking in my sleep. In Spanish.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    My wife sleep talks like crazy. I never encourage it or talk to her in her sleep. One time I had an ex fall asleep on the phone with me. The conversation went like this....

Me: No****, are you awake? Hello? HELLO?
    Her: Yes, I'm awake.
    Me: What are you doing?
    Her: Reading the newspaper.....
    (at this point in time I'm like WTF so I play along...)
    Me: What article?
    Her: It's about John McCain and Joe Arpaio
    Me: What page?
    Her: Page A23....And then she starts READING to me this imaginary article about Joe Arpaio's pink inmate underwear!
    Me:

I hung up after that. She had no recollection of the conversation next A.M.

• my lady has heard me talk in my sleep three times..every time talking about the nice pair tits i could see.
    she actually asked mr who had a nice pair of tits once and i replied that girl over there waiting by the office.she asked me what her name was but luckily i didn`t speak anymore..

• Options
    I do both sleepwalk (though very rarely) and sleeptalk. Once woke up down at the bluffs in Adidas shorts I hadn't worn since Grade 6 (i was 18 at the time...an oh yeah, no shirt on either) covered in sweat. I apparently had just gone for a long run at 6:30 in the morning (a friend going to work said he saw me). Having to walk past my high school (the only way for me to get home) with people showing up fro work/practice was one of the most embarassing times in my life.

K.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    "park the bobcat."

I do not approve of this thread.

last night's quote by me was apparently, "What the hell is that?! Did that come with your beer??!!"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Me: No****, are you awake? Hello? HELLO?
    Her: Yes, I'm awake.
    Me: What are you doing?
    Her: Reading the newspaper.....
    (at this point in time I'm like WTF so I play along...)
    Me: What article?
    Her: It's about John McCain and Joe Arpaio
    Me: What page?
    Her: Page A23....And then she starts READING to me this imaginary article about Joe Arpaio's pink inmate underwear!
    Me:

that is the most amazing story i have ever heard in my life!

i dont sleep talk or sleep walk, i just snore when im drunk.

• In 2nd grade, our teacher would let us take catnaps after lunch. I dozed off and didn't quite wake up all the way when she told us to get out our books and open them to page 50, yet somehow, in my sleep, I raised my hand to read. She, of course, called on me.

I think I said, "I'm getting warm, please," at which point the whole class laughed out loud and woke me up.

Huh?

why haven't i heard this story? i feel like i don't even know you.

you forget to tell the internets how you command things in Spanish in your sleep. like...

Hogg: "??no se siente en el canal!"
    Neta: [??????]

cute. also crazy.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    my wife sleep talks pretty much every night I sometimes but not often mess with her.

The worst was when I shared a room with my brother. He beat my ass while I was dead asleep yelling "Get away from my window Brian!" I don't know who Brian is.

• dang some of you guys have some crazy stories that make me feel mean now.

plus, i just googled what causes sleep talking and a stanford site on somniloquy says:

* If an episode occurs, make sure the sleep talker is safe and gently soothe them

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I do say random things in my sleep, but the best story (as was relayed back to me...I have NO recollection) took place while camping with some friends in about 1987 or so.

There were 3 of us in a big tent. In the middle of the night I sat up and nudged my friend Jason, asking him if he had a pen.

"A pen?" he inquired?

I replied:

"A PEN, TURKEYFUCK! A PEN!"

at which point I evidently laid back down, turned over and slept through Jason't howls of laughter.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    One time a girlfriend of mine was sleeping over and we just had the light out for ten minutes of something ( and I always need 1 hour to get asleep, so I didn't think she was sleeptalking in the first place) and suddenly she begins to make some noises and say some words and when I asked her about that she said: "what are all the relatives doing there standing near the bed?" I almost got a shock, because it was pitch black and for a short moment I thought some relatives of here were standing there in the darkness, some zombie like creepy scene. After that, it took me even longer to fall asleep