THEM CHICKENS IS ASH AND IM LOTION [DIVA related]

2»

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

dunno but that "georgia" track is dope

yup

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

they also didn't show what it said on the back of luda's hoodie after he took the jacket off - another confederate flag and all i saw was the first word which was "united". ?????

side note:
    can luda start a movement in southern black american to reclaim the confederate flag?

where you been hommie? southern rappers have been reppin the flag for a while now...

There was much handwringing on the editorial pages of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution when this was released... I'm not sure why anybody--that wasn't some sort of staright-up racist--would find it offensive.

oh yeah I forgot about that cover

interesting that people actually had a problem with it. 'putting it on a (rap) album cover disrespects the legacy of the confederacy'...right?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    my favourite mary interview is from her my life era and she's sitting with a frown and sunglasses (surprise) and they begin to ask her about coming up and she goes off about how she's always asked the same thing and why are they asking her something that they already know the answer to? so the interviewer says "what do you want to talk about? what would you like me to ask you?" and blige says "nothing. i don't want to talk about anything. i don't want you to ask me nothing."

awkward slience.

Was that the one with Toure? After which he announced that he was trading in all of his Mary CDs?

no - muchmusic interview here in Canada with a woman - i think it was Erica Ehm.

didn't Blige slap an interviewer at some point? yikes - i can imagine the dread folks felt when they got assigned a Blige interview in those days. i interviewed her when the Mary LP came out and it was really really good, laughing and joking and that kind of stuff. i won't lie though, i was nervous as fuck beforehand!

• my favourite mary interview is from her my life era and she's sitting with a frown and sunglasses (surprise) and they begin to ask her about coming up and she goes off about how she's always asked the same thing and why are they asking her something that they already know the answer to? so the interviewer says "what do you want to talk about? what would you like me to ask you?" and blige says "nothing. i don't want to talk about anything. i don't want you to ask me nothing."

awkward slience.

Was that the one with Toure? After which he announced that he was trading in all of his Mary CDs?

no - muchmusic interview here in Canada with a woman - i think it was Erica Ehm.

didn't Blige slap an interviewer at some point? yikes - i can imagine the dread folks felt when they got assigned a Blige interview in those days. i interviewed her when the Mary LP came out and it was really really good, laughing and joking and that kind of stuff. i won't lie though, i was nervous as fuck beforehand!

oh my god. just the fact that you were within a hoslap's distance from mary is honor enough.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    my favourite mary interview is from her my life era and she's sitting with a frown and sunglasses (surprise) and they begin to ask her about coming up and she goes off about how she's always asked the same thing and why are they asking her something that they already know the answer to? so the interviewer says "what do you want to talk about? what would you like me to ask you?" and blige says "nothing. i don't want to talk about anything. i don't want you to ask me nothing."

awkward slience.

She seems to have settled down since she got off drugs and extricated herself from her various abusive relationships... unfortunately, she hasn't done any good music since then.

awkward slience.

She seems to have settled down since she got off drugs and extricated herself from her various abusive relationships... unfortunately, she hasn't done any good music since then.

you didn't like anything off Mary?

not even Never Been off No More Drama?

oh my god. just the fact that you were within a hoslap's distance from mary is honor enough.

i was pretty excitednervoushappygiddy about it. i've never seen such a high-end wig up close before or since then either.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

they also didn't show what it said on the back of luda's hoodie after he took the jacket off - another confederate flag and all i saw was the first word which was "united". ?????

side note:
    can luda start a movement in southern black american to reclaim the confederate flag?

where you been hommie? southern rappers have been reppin the flag for a while now...

There was much handwringing on the editorial pages of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution when this was released... I'm not sure why anybody--that wasn't some sort of staright-up racist--would find it offensive.

Theres also that MJG album, No more glory. But hes like ripping through a flaming conferdate flag on the cover. STill, it was

I recall an atlanta based clothing company that put out shirts of the confederate flag with african colors on it a few years back.

I cant believe people thought it was so shocking. I mean, the song is called georgia, that was/is our state flag.