Whats the best program to split your tracks?

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Alright, so normally I use Nero Wave Editor to split my mix into seperate tracks, but I keep on getting inconsistent clips in between some of the tracks. I heard there's some way to do this with Soundforge, but dont know how. Anyone know?Any help would be appreciated. hollur.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cool Edit and Sound Forge are nice and easy to work with...

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    In Soundforge, set makers as "regions" thru out the file. Cut and paste each region into a new file. Or maybe there is an easier way. I had the same ? about a year ago and someone posted an old post about how to do it. anybody?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    you can also do it in wavelab... make a new audio montage, paste ur mix, place cd markers where you want to split tracks and burn it directly in wavelab.. thats the way i do it!

• Cool Edit and Sound Forge are nice and easy to work with...

Sound Forge comes with something called CD Architect which makes things real easy. Just load up the whole soundfile and put the markers where you want the tracks to be split.

• how do i get to cd architect?
    cheers!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Add markers by hitting "m" in Soundforge where you want the tracks. Save As. Open file in Nero, drag track in, right click, select properties, Tab Indexes, click "split at indexes". Drink, pee, repeat. Enjoy.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i usually write in immature and offensive fake commercials in the cd-text field on my mix cds.. its been an appretiated feature.

• thanks to everyone who responded on this.

the soundforge regions and extracting method worked the best for me.

peas.