Digging in Korea and Dubai?

goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Hey everyone!I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone know any cool spots to dig for vinyl in Seoul or Dubai?I'm getting sent for business at the end of the month and would love to fit a day or two of scrounging in.Thanks!

Comments

• That's a serious first post.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you a GI?

• Sorry about the "serious" first post...

I've been lurking for a few weeks and just realized that I had a question that was worth asking here.

Not a GI - I actually work for a gemological laboratory and have been giving presentations over the last few months around the world. Had no problem finding internet references to cool record spots in Tokyo (although try asking directions from strangers there in English and what seems like an easy task quickly turns difficult) but can't seem to find any information online for Seoul or Dubai (except for Tower in Korea).

Could be that they just don't have any worth mentioning?

• I don't know about Dubai, but Seoul might be the spot for some serious digging. There's an active record collection scene, and at least on active re-issue labels too...

Just get in there and ask from your hotel frontdesk, clerk and from everyone you come across. Asians are helpful, you just have to go on and ask. They'll help you forward or ask from someone else how knows something and so on...

There's some sweet psych done in Korea.