eBay come up (had to share RR)

SocratesSocrates 137 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Took a chance and bid on an auction for Volumes 1-40 of Capitol Media Music "The Professional" Library records. Seller had great feedback. In his item description he had the names of the volumes, composers, etc....No pictures, no description of condition of vinyls though. I emailed the seller and asked about one title in particular and the condition of records. He replied back that he's not sure the records are in storage and have been for quite some time. I was really interested in this seried of Lib recs ever since the Dusty jernt had the Jack Mayborn "Music People" cut and said it was from Capitol Library Recs. Won the auction. The box arrived this Saturday. WOW!! Like whoa whoadie. Homie sent like 45 records total. Got extras, nice little note inside box with the background of the records (where they came from, what they were used for). To my amazement, besides dude being extra cool and sending more stuff than auction called for, over half the recs were still sealed. Not a one was warped and LOW AND FUCKING BEHOLD THE JACK MAYBORN VOLUME I'D BEEN LOOKING FOR!!! Not sure why Dusty credited the song as "Music People" the track is called "Disco People". ----- for those that don't know this is the source of Prodigy Keep it Thoro track that has the-breaks headz goin crrazy for a minute. Most the other volumes were shit as one can expect with most libraries. However there is some heat.Was going to post this weekend but just now finished listening to all the volumes (whew)Had to share this with my 'strut fam...! ~Crates

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    My ebay come-up from yesterday:

Was excited about the wax (doubles!) but the slipmats sealed the deal...

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I wanted to bid on that lot but had no cash. If you wanna part with any of those 10 or so horror ones, please let me know.

• I wanted to bid on that lot but had no cash. If you wanna part with any of those 10 or so horror ones, please let me know.

Sure, ill holla in a PM. I'll PM tonight after i get home.

~Crates

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• My ebay come-up from yesterday:

Was excited about the wax (doubles!) but the slipmats sealed the deal...

damn! unnnnnnnngghhhhhnnnnnnn! na'na naa naaaa

• Congrats st****s! Here's mine...

7 dollah...

• PS: flip is funky buttercup. On 45

• Congrats st****s! Here's mine...

7 dollah...

• PS: flip is funky buttercup. On 45

i passed that one up. looked like a reissue or something. oops.

you've been getting crazy shit off ebay lately btw.

• #13?

no it's Capitol Media #2

~Crates