Who has XM Radio?? (hip hop nerds?)

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
So Woody Wood From "Woodys Rap", Hilltop Hustlers, Etc. has an hour mix show on channel 65 where he plays all the early 80's jams and even some RARE ass things that he says there are only 3 copies of and shit? Who else has caught this show and realize what level of shit he is playing?

Comments

• XM radio gets two thumbs up, way up! peace, stein. . .

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Definatly 2 thumbs up...we got XM and Sirius in our tour van and besides the prospect of howard coming to Sirius...XM is the one to go with.

• Um, what are you guys talking about? Sounds interesting.

• last month we had a gig in san fran(big up kero 1) about 3 hrs. away from sf we put the radio on. they was playing jamaica funk, bounce rock skate, you are my starship, mister magic, i can make you dance, etc. etc. we were saying damn i wish we had a show like this in l.a. this is the best radio station ever. no commercials at all. when we got so sf we finally realised oh snap! this is xm radio! then started changing stations. they got about 800 different stations. sports, stand up comedy, about 10 hip hop channels. whatever you want bluegrass. sky is the limit. i think its about 7 bucks a month but dont quote me on that.
    peace, stein. . .

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Its pretty flavor. Really helps driving around l.a. which can be misery otherwise. I am just rocking the ipod in the car though.

• you know I have been meaning to ask about the quality of the stations on XM. I noticed at the shop we have the adapter..everything u need..in dash mount..antenna and all that for 30 bucks. is this cheap? I also have a Pioneer Premier 6700....isnt this shit xm ready? what do I need to do?

• I bought my fiance XM and after a week we returned it for Sirius. She said the Hip-Hop and Rap stations on Sirius are much better, and thats her thing.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    you know I have been meaning to ask about the quality of the stations on XM. I noticed at the shop we have the adapter..everything u need..in dash mount..antenna and all that for 30 bucks. is this cheap? I also have a Pioneer Premier 6700....isnt this shit xm ready? what do I need to do?

ours goes out at work from 12:00 - 1:15 every single day of the week (anyone else experience this?). other than that, no complaints. we have sirius though, havent really played with XM aside from the occassional best buy venture.

• Check out my show ("Around the World in 80 Beats" with DJ Neville Chamberlain) on Friday nights from 10-Midnight on XM Channel 100 (The World Zone). Encore edition airs Sundays from 8-10EST.
    I have XM in my car and will never go back to commercial radio. I've only checked out Sirius once in a rental car and it was pretty good too although I give XM the slight edge.
    My favorite XM channel is 40, the Deep Tracks. The guys gets hung up on Little Feat and Robin Trower at times but he plays lots of psych that I never hear on the radio. Ton Petty has a show on there as well ("Buried Treasure") and it is very well put together.

• do a lot of people subscribe to xm radio? i heard howard stern is leaving his syndicated radio show for XM radio (and Diamond Dave is taking his place!) and i am wondering, are people even going to be listening to him?

i don't know anyone with xm radio.

• do a lot of people subscribe to xm radio? i heard howard stern is leaving his syndicated radio show for XM radio (and Diamond Dave is taking his place!) and i am wondering, are people even going to be listening to him?

i don't know anyone with xm radio.

Howard is going to Sirus not XM.