Wanted: Llloyd Mcneil - Washington Suite

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited November 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I pulled out my copy of Asha last night to listen. It made me ask: why did i pass on Washington Suite the two times I ran into it a couple years back? Then I remembered- I was relatively broke in NYC. With that said: who's got a copy to sling?got lots of trades to go 'round in all departments.Thanks!

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'm back with a vengeance.

• i think i got tanner suite, but im not sure. black and white drawings on the cover

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I actually forgot about that one.

I'm interested. I sort of remember it being just Mcneill on flute and another guy on bass.

• I just had "Treasures", wish I had known. Alas, 'tis gone.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I just had "Treasures", wish I had known. Alas, 'tis gone.

i used to have Treasures, never really liked his material on Baobab to be honest. It used to be a $10 - $20 record and should still be in my opinion.

Thanks for thinking of me though, sir! you've got plenty of other things laying about these days that i think can make up for this loss.

• j, you got my pm, young boss?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    i used to have Treasures, never really liked his material on Baobab to be honest. It used to be a $10 - $20 record and should still be in my opinion.

Co-zyne.

• j, you got my pm, young boss?

Yes I did. I have records for you from Sampo.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I'm seriously peeved that his stuff has blown up in general lately- the store I work at had a copy of WASHINGTON SUITE up a couple years ago that ended at 40-something... the winner flaked and it got relisted and sold at $18ish before I even knew what happened... so I missed the same copy twice, though I was listening to it in the store at the time, and sort of forgot about it since

I REALLY don't wanna know what it goes for these days...

• chrischris 287 Posts

I'm seriously peeved that his stuff has blown up in general lately- the store I work at had a copy of WASHINGTON SUITE up a couple years ago that ended at 40-something... the winner flaked and it got relisted and sold at $18ish before I even knew what happened... so I missed the same copy twice, though I was listening to it in the store at the time, and sort of forgot about it since

I REALLY don't wanna know what it goes for these days...

tell me about it.
    for whatever reason i sold a copy of "washington suite" to someone on this board(can't remember who) a little while ago for $50. i think it's approaching $300 territory at this point. doh.

i also remember listing a copy of "treasures" on ebay in early 2004 and it ending at $9 (not that i consider it to be worth more than that on a musical basis, but still).

ah well...

• Just sold the aforementioned copy of "Treasures" for $65 with a beat cover. It was in stock precisely one day.

• A copy sold for in the area of 160 a few days ago. However it was mis-listed. Runner-up bidder: reynaldo.

Anyhow this is a new thing. Watch, in 2 years nobody will remember, or they'll all have moved on to the next thing.

A have a friend who would pick up stuff like phil cohran for under $10 on ebay years ago. Ebb and flow, ebb & flow.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    have a friend who would pick up stuff like phil cohran for under $10 on ebay years ago.

However it was mis-listed.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    This conversation is very interesting. It touches on ebay trends, supply and demand, the economics of collecting, the residual impact of certain records on other records by the same artist.

Very interesting indeed.

But the original question was simply:

Does anyone have a copy of a great record that I'd love to own so i can listen to it while sipping whiskey at home, pondering both the frustrations of the day along with its successes, much like i'm doing now, only I am not listening to the record in question because i don't own it but rather a very different record- yet equally delightful.[?]

resume.

• No, sorry.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    What if I said I was looking for A Flock of Seagulls?

What then?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i got you on that!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    OK, how about Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

the last one was just too easy.

Just keepin' you on your feet.

• I lent my copy to

• This conversation is very interesting. It touches on ebay trends, supply and demand, the economics of collecting, the residual impact of certain records on other records by the same artist.

Very interesting indeed.

But the original question was simply:

Does anyone have a copy of a great record that I'd love to own so i can listen to it while sipping whiskey at home, pondering both the frustrations of the day along with its successes, much like i'm doing now, only I am not listening to the record in question because i don't own it but rather a very different record- yet equally delightful.[?]

resume.

Oh WAIT... you want to own this?

Naw you're on your own

PS: did I give you a burn of this yet? if you want one lemme knwo

• Options
    i think it's approaching $300 territory at this point. doh.