Gimmie A Break.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
If a read another "break" post I'm gonna go postal.Cats are still searchin' for breaks, I thought production has moved beyond the break beat. Yes, its a Hip Hop tradition but c'mon, Its 2006 not 1976.Kool KEITH quote.... Kool Keith: Yeah. I'm definitely serious about that. I'm an overlooked producer. Take Spankmaster. I've been a producer for years. I did stuff on ???Dr. Dooom'. I did the original stuff on ???Black Elvis'. You got people that think I can't produce. I was never into jazz or nothing like that. I never met Ron Carter. I am just that retarded funk maker. So, my whole thing about that is, that being a top producer is basically saying I am a notch above those guys. I respect those producers. Don't get me wrong. I'm not scared to try something different. Everybody else is still being safe and using a kick and a snare. I graduated to the congas of Africa . I went out to Africa to see that they are banging on the bongos. You get on the train in New York , you see bongos. Everybody's banging bongos. We funky right now. I took the sound to another level. I was the first to do that. So, when anybody tries to claim that, they can't claim that. As far as hip hop producers, they are out of the loop. They still sampling jazz records. The producers that I picked were more futuristic producers. These are the top guys that I say can play their own music and be futuristic at the same time. Timberland can make his own music. Neptunes can make their own music from scratch. There is not a record to sample. You're an artist when you start making your own music. That is the order I put the groups in because that's what I see. Lil' John makes his own music. Kool Keith makes his own music. I don't use the horns from someone else. They are my horns. So, the courts don't have to come to me for samples. They don't have to get in my face. That's mine. I own those horns. I own those hits. That's my stuff.

Comments