Tribe 45 question(calling headz?)

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I've showed this 45 to a few heavy people and no one seems to have info. so I thought I'd open it up to the forum. I know there are some dudes who know a lot more than me about this genre.I know david durrah, but the rest of it escapes me.does anyone else have a copy?I'm thinking the scarcity might have something to do with the "purchased at US postal auction" stamp on the b-side, but that is a guess. context please.

Comments

• The labelnumber corresponds to the lp release "Reflections in the Sea of Nurnen", which also features mr. Durrah and looks like this:

My guess is your 45 is some sort of (ltd ed) "extra" since the tracks do not appear on the album. Maybe strutter Breakself can help since he posted up scans of the Tribe Records magazine which seemed to have some mail-order biz as well.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    it a rare 45 ( obviously ), never turns up in Detroit. A friend of mine sold one on ebay a couple years ago( $276 i think it ended at). To my memory it's also not all that good...

---

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm thinking the scarcity might have something to do with the "purchased at US postal auction" stamp on the b-side, but that is a guess.

All the lost/unclaimed/undeliverable mail was auctioned off (don't know if they do this anymore?)

My dad and uncle would acquire records this way in the 70s/80s

Most have that stamp on em

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You should definitely clean it

• You should definitely clean it

seriously...

• I'm thinking the scarcity might have something to do with the "purchased at US postal auction" stamp on the b-side, but that is a guess.

All the lost/unclaimed/undeliverable mail was auctioned off (don't know if they do this anymore?)

Every day I'm finding reasons to be ticked that I wasn't into collecting in the late 70s and early 80s.

• it's clean. scanner is not. my girls's scanner and wasn't going to bug here too much(records and your significant other)

• To my memory it's also not all that good...

---

i'll post .mp3s in a bit and you can judge for yourself(for the people who haven't heard it). I like it.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    To my memory it's that good...

---

To my memory it's that good...

---

to each their own I guess...

as a caveat I should add that I think Tribe stuff in general is overrated.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i see you've moved to the "city of fear"....

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    I'm thinking the scarcity might have something to do with the "purchased at US postal auction" stamp on the b-side, but that is a guess.

http://www.usps.com/auctions/

The Atlanta and St. Paul Mail Recovery Centers are scheduled to hold public auctions on the sale of unclaimed, damaged, and claim-paid merchandise as indicated on the following dates at the following location and time

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

As of this morning I am also living there.

life is rough out here son, it's a hardscrabble town.

---

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

As of this morning I am also living there.

how's that?

• hi ari, I got my computer fixed.

side 1

side 2

enjoy

• That "Flytrap" side is on some almost psych-jazz-funk style... both sides are very tight.... I can see why a rarity like this would go for 200+.

interesting stuff, better than I remembered - thanks for posting the mp3s...

---