Secret Squirrel qualms

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
On my last auction I had a record's identity masked ala Secret Squirrel. The winner gets their record and writes back all confused wondering where the Secret Squirrel (the f'ing cartoon character) record is and what this record they got is!what the hell? I metioned this was an obscure record from the Czech Republic with a sound clip, no mention of the cartoon. How confusing could that be????Note to self: never mention secret squirrel in a auction without the Secret Squirrel?? disclaimer

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I personally don't like the idea of the Secret Squirrel auction. If you don't want to share what it is with people, just don't sell it.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    it was out of respect for another person, otherwise I wouldn't give a shit

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I think they were looking for the record on the left, middle row.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    On my last auction I had a record's identity masked ala Secret Squirrel.
    The winner gets their record and writes back all confused wondering where the Secret Squirrel (the f'ing cartoon character) record is and what this record they got is!

what the hell? I metioned this was an obscure record from the Czech Republic with a sound clip, no mention of the cartoon. How confusing could that be????

Note to self: never mention secret squirrel in a auction without the Secret Squirrel?? disclaimer

hahahhaah the EXACT same thing happened to me last month... some dude bought 3 Secre Squirrels and was MAD MAD MAD confused. After explanation, it was All GOOD!

peace.

• I always put sound clips so they know what a squirrel sounds like...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I always put sound clips so they know what a squirrel sounds like...

I did that too but the dude was still confused...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I always put sound clips so they know what a squirrel sounds like...

I did, unfortunately that didn't help