My girl called me ghetto last night...

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I get alot of mail at work on large manila envelopes. About 10-15% of the time the stamps don't get cancelled by the post office. I rip the stamps off throw em in an drawer and use them when i need stamps. i didn't think anything of it. So i go to use some as we are sending out some invites for a lil wedding shindig and she is like "uh huh, no way". I was like what the hell is the problem? Then i realized that it was kind of cheap. But alot of these are 60cent stamps. I ain't trying to let that shit go to waste. Guess i get it from my dad. This is something he would do.Anyone else got some cheap ass tendencies?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    that is kinda ghetto though...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I would probably do the same thing if I got tons of mail with unspent stamps but I wouldn't even challenge the lady over using them on your wedding invites.

Oh, a year and a half later, thanks once again for the superlatives record. Been my straight anthem ever since.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    who was that one dude on here that said he gets his bed sheets and underwear from thrifts, now thats cheap

who was that one dude on here that said he gets his bed sheets and underwear from thrifts, now thats cheap

yikes!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Man I will take home moldy records, buy shitloads of clothes, dinner ware, but man I wouldn't touch some used drawls.

• Oh, a year and a half later, thanks once again for the superlatives record. Been my straight anthem ever since.

That is my joint right there.

• who was that one dude on here that said he gets his bed sheets and underwear from thrifts, now thats cheap

Man I will take home moldy records, buy shitloads of clothes, dinner ware, but man I wouldn't touch some used drawls.

Hmm, I have been wondering for quite some time but who is aware of all the different pieces of illnes you can get by things from fleamarkets ??

Do you guys clean everything after you brought it home ?

What I really know is that I LEARNED to wash my hands after fleamarket visits,
    it??s incredible how dirty your fingers may get only by looking through some stuff.

GreetZ
    Seb

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Reusing stamps is not "ghetto," it's frugal. However, reusing stamps for wedding invitations is tacky.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    who is aware of all the different pieces of illnes you can get by things from fleamarkets ??

I have never felt compelled to use a quote from Soulstrut in my location, but this comes very close to making me want to...

And T**e, everyone knows you use the latest version of the LOVE stamp on your wedding invitations--try not to be so ghetto, okay?

who is aware of all the different pieces of illnes you can get by things from fleamarkets ??

I have never felt compelled to use a quote from Soulstrut in my location, but this comes very close to making me want to...

yes, this comes very close to the classicness of "no 50% for Mr. Sucker"

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

yes, this comes very close to the classicness of "no 50% for Mr. Sucker"

Eureka! You've got the title for the SoulStrut comp right there, folls.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Oh, a year and a half later, thanks once again for the superlatives record. Been my straight anthem ever since.

That is my joint right there.

You guys mean "I Don't Know How To Say I Love You?" on Westbound 144? Love that stuff.

• I drive a 2004 model 5 series instead of a 2005..I am ghetto as hell.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    my grandmother is involved in an organisation where lil ole ladies like herself steam unused stamps off envelopes and donate them to charities.

the envelopes are all donated by the telephone comapny. My grandpa used to work for the phone company and was hardcore stamp collector and started the program.

it's definatly not "mail fraud" up here.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

anyone else strictly liberate tp from the workplace/school instead of spending the few bucks? i haven't paid for it in i don't know how long.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DAMN, YOU STEAL TOILET PAPER???

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    DAMN, YOU STEAL TOILET PAPER???

like digdug said, don't test my gangsta.
    shit, i switched sleeves in amoeba one time too.
    plus i shit my pants once.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Shit! Why even bother with the stamps??
    You pay for them eating & drinking! The invited should at least pay
    for the postage! Fair trade... J

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Reusing stamps is not "ghetto," it's frugal. However, reusing stamps for wedding invitations is tacky.

No, E-Vites would be tacky, as well as practical--hey not a bad fricking idea considering these damn invitations cost so much. I feel your pain man...my girl just hired a fricking calligrapher after spending 1.65 per envelope....I don't understand....e-vites, Las Vegas, and a BBQ would be how I roll...but I just don't understand these things.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm sorry, re-using stamps is NOT ghetto that's just being CHEAP.

Putting your fan out your window for a homemade air conditioner, putting a hanger on your TV for an antenna, water in kool-aid, or using powdered sugar instead of regular sugar for your kool-aid, etc. THOSE are being ghetto.

• there only one cure with chicks that have that kind of demeanor,

play the disco,right in the socket!?!!?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    "It's OK to live in the ghetto as long as the ghetto doesn't live in you." -- Jesse Jackson as quoted by Mr. T in his autobiography

• And T**e, everyone knows you use the latest version of the LOVE stamp on your wedding invitations--try not to be so ghetto, okay?

Ross Hogg thinks of at least one SoulStrutter who might feel a bit frightened by coselmed's up-to-the-minute knowledge of all things wedding related--synth diamonds, which stamps to use, etc.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    my grandmother is involved in an organisation where lil ole ladies like herself steam unused stamps off envelopes and donate them to charities.

I used to do this until I started seeing secret messages appear when I steamed the envelopes. "Help me" and "I'm trapped" and shit.

That's when I got out of the whole used-stamps-for-charity racket. Too deep.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    And T**e, everyone knows you use the latest version of the LOVE stamp on your wedding invitations--try not to be so ghetto, okay?

Ross Hogg thinks of at least one SoulStrutter who might feel a bit frightened by coselmed's up-to-the-minute knowledge of all things wedding related--synth diamonds, which stamps to use, etc.

trying to tell us something rossi?

ps
    i spoke with st*nl*y the other day and he let me in on some priveleged information...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Anyone else got some cheap ass tendencies?

Dude, that is ghetto as fuck. I buy all generic foods at grocery stores. Albertson's brand, Safeway Select, you name it. Hell, if it was 1985 again I would be getting drunk off yellow cans of beer that say BEER on them.

I was so proud of myself last weekend when I bought a $48 BART ticket off some kid for $21.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    wait.....I always thought being "ghetto" was a good thing? i'm confused now.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Hell, if it was 1985 again I would be getting drunk off yellow cans of beer that say BEER on them.

Word bring those shits back. I remember 1994 drinking those white cans from some spot in LA...Ralph's it musta been. That beer was actually pretty smooth. I would cop it today if I could.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Anyone else got some cheap ass tendencies?

Dude, that is ghetto as fuck. I buy all generic foods at grocery stores. Albertson's brand, Safeway Select, you name it. Hell, if it was 1985 again I would be getting drunk off yellow cans of beer that say BEER on them.

I was so proud of myself last weekend when I bought a $48 BART ticket off some kid for $21.

Generic groceries aren't ghetto, Ghetto grocery stores are ghetto. The kind of grocery stores that are in strip malls in PG County with hair salons and pawn shops and Chinese take-out in 'em. Sav-A-Lot has the best deals and the best looped music(Boogaloo Down Broadway, Don't Knock My Love, Pass the Peas, Treat Her like a Lady, that kind of soul stuff-seriously, I heard Cymande in there last week). Be careful though, I got tortillas that looked fine and were molded all the way through! What do you want for a dollar?

• Options
    I set my hand on fire at work today.