80s ladies

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
80s ladies-ladies of the eighties...

Just picked this up and i'll be damned i can't tell if it's an original or reissue.

has this been reissued ? the cover is paper but a lot of early 80s records they started using paper. i took a smell and it smells the same as a load of other soul records i just bought that are definatly originals.

anybody got the matrix number handy ?

matrix on here has a sideways 8 and then 10 MA written not typed, and um 0001 a/b.

[fingers crossed]

dave

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dave I think you got an OG, I have never seen a re-ish of this.

I've found the cover for this LP twice but never the vinyl

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    How is this record? I've heard of it, but never actually peeped.

• Any records on Roy Ayers private label are pretty hot. Even for the value of using it as a trade piece is always good too. I just got some obscure Roy Ayers prod. 12" on the Gold Mink label. The artist is escaping me though.

• Dave I think you got an OG, I have never seen a re-ish of this.

I've found the cover for this LP twice but never the vinyl

yeah i'm pretty psyched it looks like the original cause it is a white label promo. anyways, i scored a pretty big amount of modern soul joints today, i think you would be pretty excited being the modern soul head that you are. that is a genre i think a lot of record store owners aren't up on yet.

drewn-the record is alright. not the best record on uno melodic. alittle too discoey for my tastes. too many vocals or something. i like roy ayers-lots of love on that label a lot more.
    i'm going to slang the shit out of that record though

dave

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    anyways, i scored a pretty big amount of modern soul joints today

Any chance of a modern soul set sale anytime soon?

SG

• Any records on Roy Ayers private label are pretty hot. Even for the value of using it as a trade piece is always good too. I just got some obscure Roy Ayers prod. 12" on the Gold Mink label. The artist is escaping me though.

that would be soul of the zodiac killa Rick Holmes. Hellof a 12 inch

dave, thers one ridicuous osng on that ladies of 80s LP...it was also a 12. i think its "...over you" something over you. its dope. isnt sylvia striplin in that group?

• I've bought a reissue some years ago - as soon as I find it, I'm gonna post the matrix #

that would be soul of the zodiac killa Rick Holmes. Hellof a 12 inch

dave, thers one ridicuous osng on that ladies of 80s LP...it was also a 12. i think its "...over you" something over you. its dope. isnt sylvia striplin in that group?

The Gold Mink joint is "Remember to Remember" by Rick Holmes... super deep.

"Turned onto you" is the 80s Ladies 12 I think.

I've got the 80s Ladies album as MP3 so I could yousendit if anyone is interested. It's a pretty dope LP for those who haven't heard it.