ESP disk samplers

awallawall 673 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
how many of these are there? anyone have them all? these things play like some uber hip mixtape from 1966.

Comments

• theres a couple of em. i have one that came as a bonus to the levitts lp. its mostly folk. i believe theres a jazz one that is just snipets. and i heard a story of one that commands good money from esp collectors, byron coley or whatever.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    theres a couple of em. i have one that came as a bonus to the levitts lp. its mostly folk. i believe theres a jazz one that is just snipets. and i heard a story of one that commands good money from esp collectors, byron coley or whatever.
    the two that i have (above) are both of (nicely edited) snippets of all different kinds of stuff from their catalouge (jazz, rock, spoken word, etc.)

anyone have any posters?

• i have one that came as a bonus to the levitts lp.

Got this one too. Nice thing about this one is that it contains "Feed Me Good" by Har You.... btw, that Levitt's LP is bizarre - I wonder how the Chick Corea connection came about?

• chrischris 287 Posts

one strange thing about this record is the inclusion of 2 beat poet spoken word tracks credited to an lp titled "the lovebook record" by "corso, ferlinghetti, voznesensky & others" that was never released by esp.
    it was even assigned catalog-number 1067 (which was apparently later reassigned to the har-you percussion lp).

• The posters were usually 11x17-inch reproductions of the Bosch painting that was on the cover of the first Pearls Before Swine LP. Not that exciting, actually.

One of the Sampler LPs I found had a thirty or so page, digest-size catalog reproducing the cover art of the first forty-odd ESP releases. Pretty exciting, actually.

Sidebar: All That The Name Implies LP on ESP.
    Has anyone ever seen this anywhere?
    A friend in NY has a copy, and I have the 45 on Oro, but the LP is fuggin' hard and I need it in order to inch closer to catalog completion.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    beardedD had it and sold it. I'm still lookin...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I found an OG copy of this just the other day in my radio station's library.
    Includes VU shit from '66.

• I think I got two of these in the barn - lemme check

• got two, one sealed & other unsealed, a mouse got to the spines a teeny bit, otherwise in great shape. DC & Morocco ur welcome to them.

• over the weekend i bought a copy of this. when i got it home i realized there was an additional disc in it- ESP 2051, another sampler that i guess was promo-only.

anyone have a tracklisting/cover/sleeve for this (2051)? labels are blank except one has a little V on it.