LP'S THAT DESERVE TO BE RE-ISSUED ! !???

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHICH RECORD SHOULD BE RE-ISSUED BY NOW ????FOR ME THAT IS RON ENGLISH'S "FISH FEET" (IF IT WAS EVER RELEASED, BY THE WAY...).MANU DIBANGO'S "KUSINI" OR ALL THOSE HILTON FELTON LP'S WOULD BE GREAT AS WELL...SO WHY THEY KEEP RE-ISSUE-ING SILLY CHEAP ASS RECORDS ALL THE THE TIME LIKE: BRIDES OF FUNKENSTEIN - FUNK OR WALKBLUE MITCHELL - MANY SHADES OF BLUEBLACKBYRDS - FLYING START ETC. ETC. ....GOOD ALBUMS FOR ROOKIES, BUT WHY NOT RE-ISSUE MUCH HARDER RECORDS?

Comments

• vic juris on muse.

oh, wait...

• You're serious?
    By the way, that has been re-issued already...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    You're serious?
    By the way, that has been re-issued already...

No he's not serious

• thank God, that was the best example of "WHY THIS ONE ?? "

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    The Funky Keyboards - "Unlock your caps", but only if they use the first generation master tape.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    moses dillard and the tex town display-now!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    The Funky Keyboards - "Unlock your caps", but only if they use the first generation master tape.

ZING!

• placebo's three records now! wtf is going on why haven't they reissued those puppies. i can't afford 600 dollar records.

• Options

What's this go for?

K.

• hilton felton is a really good idea!!

now, i have only heard two of his soul/funk related lp's. "three of us - dream come true" and "ode to new life". what are his other lp's like?? i know the 45 spreading fever, and have heard the break song.

anyone have other hilton felton produced/played on/written related records?? 45's 12's lp's??

nevillec where you at??

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

"JorgeLopezRuiz? I like him, he is a fany guy!"[/b]

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

That jernt is FIYAH!

SG

• Anybody who re-issue this one will found my eternal gratitude...

• it is simply criminal that no one has done the solomon king yet. the original is going for so much.....supply and demand!!! i just want to hear it. anyone have the movie??

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Nico Gomez - Ritual is WAAAAAAAAAAY overdo for another reissue

REISSUE THIS MOFO

• Anybody who re-issue this one will found my eternal gratitude...

wow. really not that dope. i got one for trade if someones really dying to have it. same with bare knuckles

reissue...
    air, archie whitewater enough people seem to look for those and they are real good records to listen to

placebo definitely

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Please, Please, Please!

• Nico Gomez - Ritual is WAAAAAAAAAAY overdo for another reissue

REISSUE THIS MOFO

It've been done recently :
    LIMITED EDITION AT 500 COPIES - 180GRAM VINYL ON LUPITA Records (french or UK label, don't know exactly).

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Escape From New York SOUNDTRACK.
    Niagra LPs.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Nico Gomez - Ritual is WAAAAAAAAAAY overdo for another reissue

REISSUE THIS MOFO

It've been done recently :
    LIMITED EDITION AT 500 COPIES - 180GRAM VINYL ON LUPITA Records (french or UK label, don't know exactly).

Yeah I picked that up in Spain recently. Doubt its coming stateside.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Webster Lewis on Sonet

Yvonne Gray & Mosaic on LMI

that SOL LP out of texas (teardrop?)

All the Rob albums out of Africa

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Doubt its coming stateside.

exactly

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

GCP, definately not worth a reissue

• Call me negative, but as a collector of old records, and a DJ that enjoys having a collection of original records and playing them out at shows, and especially going through the trouble of copping doubles and cutting them up-----------I DON'T THINK ANY DOPE RECORDS SHOULD BE REISSUED ON VINYL. SUCKAS PLAY ALL THE ILL SHIT, AND THE MAJORITY OF LISTENERS DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOMEONE WHO OWNS ORIGINALS AND REISSUES, and it really makes any sucka dj appear to not be a sucka dj, to the average person. granted only headz know the deal anyways, but yah, I wish people wouldn't reissue at all personally. Go and buy a cd, or search the net. I miss the days of having to trade cassette tapes of demos. Unless it's some hopeless shit, like 1 000 or less copies....but on common ish joints??? I don't like it.

• Webster Lewis on Sonet

Yvonne Gray & Mosaic on LMI

All the Rob albums out of Africa

i gotta disagree about yvonne gray. her singing is so fucking bad. the first time i listened to that record i thought it was hot as shit. then i started listening to her voice. her singing seems to have nothing to do with the music in the background.

i say it's time they reissued bubbha thomas & the lightmen-energy control center

dave

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

GCP, definately not worth a reissue

is it really that bad?

better I find out by paying $10 for a reissue instead of triple figures for an OG