Tha Carter II

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i'm looking forward to this more than anything else for the rest of the year, even though i'm more than a little concerned about the lack of manny fresh. the c&s best of will probably be enough to get me to actually purchase it. i haven't heard the new single yet. link plaese?Release Date: December 6, 2005 Label: Cash Money For the first time Universal/Cash Money Records is offering a Deluxe Package release. The Deluxe Package will not only have one of this years most highly anticipated artists and albums, Lil Wayne???s Tha Carter II, but will also include some of his biggest hits Chopped and Screwed. As a bonus, his current hit single ???Fireman??? which was the #1 added record at radio with over 50 adds will also be Chopped & Screwed. TRACKLISTING 1. Tha Mobb 2. Fly In 3. Money On My Mind 4. Fireman 5. Mo Fire 6. On Tha Block #1 7. Best Rapper Alive 8. Lock & Load (feat. Kurupt) 9. Oh No 10. Grown Man (feat. Currency) 11. On Tha Block #2 12. Hit 'Em Up 13. Carter II 14. Hustler Musik 15. Receipt 16. Shooter 17. Weezy Baby (feat. Nikki) 18. On Tha Block #3 19. I'm A D-Boy (feat. Birdman) 20. Feel Me 21. Get Over (feat. Nikki) 22. Fly Out CHOPPED & SCREWED TRACKLISTING 1. The Block is Hot 2. Bring It Back 3. Get Off The Corner 4. On The Grind 5. F*#k The World 6. BM JR 7. Fireman 8. Go DJ 9. I Miss My Doggs 10. This Is The Carter 11. Way Of Life 12. 500 Degrees 13. Where You At 14. Bloodline

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    new single is some monsterous shit. i think develop produced it and he's been producing some nice shit lately. i think he produced mic check too? i don't have the mp3 on this computer but here's a link to his launch profile with the video:

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-295343---Lil-Wayne

i really hope this album pulls through without mannie fresh production.

• you really think so? I dunno I wasn't really impressed... Go DJ was much better IMO. This will undoubtedly be all over the clubs though...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Well, I liked Go DJ more too, but this shit is awesome too. I think it's one of those beats that fit certain MCs well and Lil' Wayne is that MC. If Develop continues to produce shit like this, he'll be real big.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    in other news, who the fuck thought that this would be a good cover?

i really need to get out of work soon

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yellow is the new pink

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The single & the song he did w/ Trina have been getting a TON of play on all of miami's "urban" stations. The beat is

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    The beat is

yeah ive been getting lotsa requests for this to freestyle on...didnt even think it was that hot on the first listen.

did paul wall chop and screw that second cd? then i will definately get a boner. honestly wish weezy had a better "featuring" list on the carter II though, looks slim.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    The beat is

jeebus...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

yeah ive been getting lotsa requests for this to freestyle on...didnt even think it was that hot on the first listen.

thought "club went crazy" was the hotter single

anywas "fireman" is ABSOLUTELY NUTS

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    did paul wall chop and screw that second cd?

i hope not...

honestly wish weezy had a better "featuring" list on the carter II though, looks slim.

i'm actually glad that he has so few guests. and don't underestimate kurupt, i'm sure he'll spit something monsterous to stay on par with weezy.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Im surprised and happy to see wayne gettin this attention here all of a sudden. Definitely lookin forward to this even though ive heard damn near every song. Would be nice to have more mannie but itll be hot anyway. I liked go dj more than fireman but fireman is definitely growin on me. still itll be tuff to followup the carter. btw here ya go

fireman

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    2 weezy posts in 2 days... i couldnt be more elated. i'm sprung. but, yo, definitely concerned about the lack of mannie.
    lil wayne's flow is undoubtedly SICK. he was born to rap. but he also was blessed with the best of mannie's beats, so i'm hoping the production doesn't fall off and wayne keeps on doing his thing

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i'm looking forward to this more than anything else for the rest of the year, even though i'm more than a little concerned about the lack of manny fresh.

I am not even worried about Mannie not being a part of this... his production has gotten really stale lately, and I am starting to find him and as ad libs as annoying as I do Jazze Pha.

This chopped and screwed bonus disc is really not a good look, though... if you're not from Houston or Memphis, and you're not paying somebody that knows what they're doing to do it, just leave that alone.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

i'm looking forward to this more than anything else for the rest of the year, even though i'm more than a little concerned about the lack of manny fresh.

I am not even worried about Mannie not being a part of this... his production has gotten really stale lately, and I am starting to find him and as ad libs as annoying as I do Jazze Pha.

This chopped and screwed bonus disc is really not a good look, though... if you're not from Houston or Memphis, and you're not paying somebody that knows what they're doing to do it, just leave that alone.

cash money w/o mannie fresh just ain't the same...

fireman is a good song, but not a great one... go dj was better...

lil wayne lives in houston now, hopefully he got someone who knows what they're doing on it... plus, it's dope that the chopped n screwed disc is on some greatest hit shit, "the block is hot" "fuck the world" and "500 degreez" all chopped n screwed? kinda ill...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Come on, you know Mannie would come with some shit for Weezy's album. There's no way he would give him throwaways.

cash money w/o mannie fresh just ain't the same...

fireman is a good song, but not a great one... go dj was better...

lil wayne lives in houston now, hopefully he got someone who knows what they're doing on it... plus, it's dope that the chopped n screwed disc is on some greatest hit shit, "the block is hot" "fuck the world" and "500 degreez" all chopped n screwed? kinda ill...

Cash Money with Mannie Fresh over the past six years or so just ain't the same.

Weezie's proven that he's not at all dependant on Mannie via his mixtapes and guest appearances.

Come on, you know Mannie would come with some shit for Weezy's album. There's no way he would give him throwaways.

Eh... I wouldn't have predicted that he would give Bun B throwaways, either.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Eh... I wouldn't have predicted that he would give Bun B throwaways, either.
    I haven't even picked that up yet. Shit was like 18 bucks or some ridiculous price locally. I know what you mean that Wayne isn't dependent on Mannie anymore, but it just feels like it wouldn't be complete without a Mannie Fresh track. I do like that he is going to be solo on most of the tracks because he is one of the very few rappers out there that can still carry a track on their own.

To be honest I am more concerned by Weezie's Young Black Fabio routine than I am with the production...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    can someone explain this move:
    http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4943

Lil??? Wayne has signed on to become an official member of Boyz N Da Hood (BNHD) and Young Jeezy has exited the ranks, according to sources.

Lil Wayne, President of Cash Money Records will join the Atlanta-based super-group along with existing members Big Duke, Big Gee, Jody Breeze, a representative for Universal Record confirmed. Initially, T.I. was included in the group as well, but his representatives at Atlantic Records denied. ???That???s false. He???s not going to be in Boyz N Da Hood,??? a rep in the Atlantic publicity department said.

Blok, founder of Boyz N Da Hood and Blok Entertainment, also confirmed the news of Lil??? Wayne???s inclusion, but countered stating that T.I. was in the group. Despite persistent rumors, Blok said there is no bad blood between Young Jeezy and the rest of the group.

???Jeezy only signed on for one album and that???s my whole campaign ??? it???s not a replacement it???s a continuance. We???re not beefing. All of us are brothers. That???s very important, it???s a continuance. This is the way it was set out to be when it first started,??? Blok told AllHipHop.com. Blok also stated that the original roster of Boyz N Da Hood included T.I., Trick Daddy and Sean Paul of the YoungBloodz and the newer members replaced them. Young Jeezy has experienced solo success with his platinum-selling Def Jam release Let???s Get It: Thug Motivation.

Representatives at Def Jam for Jeezy were unaware of the Boyz N Da Hood personnel change, but Jeezy commented on his status with the group in a previous interview.

???I was a solo artist first. I'm definitely a boss. I always had a label. I always had a movement. The whole thing with Puff , we sat down and worked it out. I already had my solo situation at Def Jam,??? he told AllHipHop.com. ???My album was set up to come out first, before I did the little situation . But just me being a gangster and real about what I'm doing agreed to push my album back so I could get the Boyz N Da Hood project rolling. I just want the fans to know it ain???t me acting funny or nothing like that. It's just that I got a solo album out, so just like how I went on a Boyz N Da Hood promo run, I gotta do mine. Everything I do with them, I gotta do for myself.???

While Jeezy was a member of BNHD, he was also signed to Def Jam as a solo artist and had to promote both the group album and the Def Jam opus at the same time. Jeezy frequently missed promotion and marketing tours with Boyz N Da Hood, but continued to push both projects. The BNDH self-titled album hit stores on June 21, while Thug Motivation 101 was released on July 26.

Ironically, T.I., Young Jeezy and Lil??? Wayne will embark on a tour of the United States with in mid-November.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    can someone explain this move:
    http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4943

Lil??? Wayne has signed on to become an official member of Boyz N Da Hood (BNHD) and Young Jeezy has exited the ranks, according to sources.

Lil Wayne, President of Cash Money Records will join the Atlanta-based super-group along with existing members Big Duke, Big Gee, Jody Breeze, a representative for Universal Record confirmed. Initially, T.I. was included in the group as well, but his representatives at Atlantic Records denied. ???That???s false. He???s not going to be in Boyz N Da Hood,??? a rep in the Atlantic publicity department said.

Blok, founder of Boyz N Da Hood and Blok Entertainment, also confirmed the news of Lil??? Wayne???s inclusion, but countered stating that T.I. was in the group. Despite persistent rumors, Blok said there is no bad blood between Young Jeezy and the rest of the group.

???Jeezy only signed on for one album and that???s my whole campaign ??? it???s not a replacement it???s a continuance. We???re not beefing. All of us are brothers. That???s very important, it???s a continuance. This is the way it was set out to be when it first started,??? Blok told AllHipHop.com. Blok also stated that the original roster of Boyz N Da Hood included T.I., Trick Daddy and Sean Paul of the YoungBloodz and the newer members replaced them. Young Jeezy has experienced solo success with his platinum-selling Def Jam release Let???s Get It: Thug Motivation.

Representatives at Def Jam for Jeezy were unaware of the Boyz N Da Hood personnel change, but Jeezy commented on his status with the group in a previous interview.

???I was a solo artist first. I'm definitely a boss. I always had a label. I always had a movement. The whole thing with Puff , we sat down and worked it out. I already had my solo situation at Def Jam,??? he told AllHipHop.com. ???My album was set up to come out first, before I did the little situation . But just me being a gangster and real about what I'm doing agreed to push my album back so I could get the Boyz N Da Hood project rolling. I just want the fans to know it ain???t me acting funny or nothing like that. It's just that I got a solo album out, so just like how I went on a Boyz N Da Hood promo run, I gotta do mine. Everything I do with them, I gotta do for myself.???

While Jeezy was a member of BNHD, he was also signed to Def Jam as a solo artist and had to promote both the group album and the Def Jam opus at the same time. Jeezy frequently missed promotion and marketing tours with Boyz N Da Hood, but continued to push both projects. The BNDH self-titled album hit stores on June 21, while Thug Motivation 101 was released on July 26.

Ironically, T.I., Young Jeezy and Lil??? Wayne will embark on a tour of the United States with in mid-November.

hmmm i thought it was cool that he joined.

• I am not even worried about Mannie not being a part of this... his production has gotten really stale lately, and I am starting to find him and as ad libs as annoying as I do Jazze Pha.

yeah i agree with this. i'm never really that excited about mannie's beats anymore.

why? it's not like it's that much of a science, and michael watts has been sloppin it up lately. did you hear the most known unknown screwed version? shit was awful. and this coming from a texan.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    what would a dude in the peak of his career possibly gain from joining an lesser, already established and seemingly unaffiliated 'supergroup'? especially when said 'supergroup' already massively flopped (despite having the hottest rapper out on their team and being on fuckin bad boy)

what would a dude in the peak of his career possibly gain from joining an lesser, already established and seemingly unaffiliated 'supergroup'? especially when said 'supergroup' already massively flopped (despite having the hottest rapper out on their team and being on fuckin bad boy)

Extra Free promotion for your solo venture. It worked for Jeezy.

Theres this new producer from new orleans named develop that has been putting out some HEAT recently. I think hes working on this record too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Theres this new producer from new orleans named develop that has been putting out some HEAT recently. I think hes working on this record too.

yup, dude produced mic check, fireman, and the jeezy weezy juelz track

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

yup, dude produced mic check, fireman, and the jeezy weezy juelz track

would you say his beats are so muhfuckin gi joe?

To be honest I am more concerned by Weezie's Young Black Fabio routine than I am with the production...

whats the young black fabio routine?