the new Madonna track with the Abba sample

taiconderogataiconderoga 123 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• i mean...there's a lot of cool disco tracks ready to be sampled...and this guy who produces the madonna sh*t goes and uses the famous Abba track...so previsible.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i mean...there's a lot of cool disco tracks ready to be sampled...and this guy who produces the madonna sh*t goes and uses the famous Abba track...so previsible.

yeah but im sure it will be a hit

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    white girl catnip

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    white girl catnip

abba always is.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    so previsible.

I WELCOME THIS WORD INTO MY VOCABULARY

White girl catnip is the faniest style of music, evar.

• Worse than the abba sampling is seeing her writhing around the floor in a leotard... modern day madonna =

• haven't seen it, which abba is sampled? poeple love abba and i hate them b/c there is so much better disco out there and this is all people think of...

• haven't seen it, which abba is sampled? poeple love abba and i hate them b/c there is so much better disco out there and this is all people think of...

That's propably the deal - the people. The purpose is to make money with that sample. Not street credibility on boards.

And yeah, it's .

• cool, but again which abba song is sampled?

Gimme Gimme Gimme

• "gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight..."

That's propably the deal - the people. The purpose is to make money with that sample. Not street credibility on
    boards.

And yeah, it's .

that's why I've never liked madonna...it's so previsible..

• One thing is for sure, Abba boom is coming out once again... Erasure, Abba-teens and now Madonna.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the video is a perfect analogy for her career.

• the video is a perfect analogy for her career.

does it take place in a toilet?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the video is a perfect analogy for her career.

does it take place in a toilet?

lol. no. so funny.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    is this getting a huge push?i haven't heard it yet.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The only thing I find remotely interesting, is that ABBA doesn't let people sample their music. She had to beg them to use it (Which is well known that she did in a big way). I bet she hasn't had to beg for anything since the early 90's

• The only thing I find remotely interesting, is that ABBA doesn't let people sample their music. She had to beg them to use it (Which is well known that she did in a big way).
    I wonder how much this actually cost to Madonna or label to happen?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    One thing is for sure, Abba boom is coming out once again... Erasure, Abba-teens and now Madonna.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - no more ABBA, puuleeeeze!!!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The video's very disturbing. She seems to have told the cameraman to focus on her ass. She's obviously been working on getting that J-lo look, but it looks more like she's smuggling something down there.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    One thing is for sure, Abba boom is coming out once again... Erasure, Abba-teens and now Madonna.

they should have sampled boney-m instead, huh!

they should have sampled boney-m instead, huh!

Hey, we've been there already with Mark Ronson 'Oo-Wee'

• Well I dunno about the Abba samples - but Madonna deserves some respect from the board for 'Ray of Light' a cover of Curtiss & Muldoon's 'Sepheryn' (1972 Purple Records) - prog-psyche with Deep Purple connections. Their 'Man from Afghanistan' is

more here - www.purplerecords.net/sepheryn/sepheryn.htm

t

• "gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight..."

It would have been better had she sampled the version by The Leather Nun.

I avoided ABBA for a long time. I heard one of their records recently and decided that I hate them. A lot.

Gimme Gimme Gimme

Hey guys that's a Black Flag song not Abba

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Am I supposed to hate on "Boney M"? 'Cause I don't. "Ma Baker" is killer.

-e

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    as is "Ooh Wee". i too, am confused.

Don't be. 'Ooh Wee' is a dope track. My Boney M jab stems from a standing joke between me and Upskiboo. I used to tease him because he would play some Boney M to get the girls going at certain functions where he was DJing. I'd always be like: "Boney M, that's where I draw the line. I might play some cheese to get the party moving, but I'm not touching Boney M!". It's all in good fun, but I have to admit that i hate Boney M even more than ABBA. And I definetely don't like ABBA.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Don't be. 'Ooh Wee' is a dope track. My Boney M jab stems from a standing joke between me and Upskiboo. I used to tease him because he would play some Boney M to get the girls going at certain functions where he was DJing. I'd always be like: "Boney M, that's where I draw the line. I might play some cheese to get the party moving, but I'm not touching Boney M!". It's all in good fun, but I have to admit that i hate Boney M even more than ABBA. And I definetely don't like ABBA.

Goombay Dance Band!!!

I hate ABBA with a passion.