Revenge of the Sith DVD Today (NRR) :o)

SocratesSocrates 137 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone else gonna cop this today?Can't remember what the overall consensus was on SS in re. to this movie....~Crates

Comments

• Fairly entertaining. Not nearly as bad as Episode 1.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The best of the newer ones.

I would still prefer a DVD release of EPS 4, 5 & 6 without anything edited. The OG pics just cleaned up and superior sound!

Sit back & watch that shit sippin' on some

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm copping this:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm copping this:

Now that looks hot!

I bought it the first day it came out... But I'll probably pick this up too and get rid of my other copy.

Damn movie companies making me buy the same film over and over again.

Next up.. The HD-DVD super edition with such & such features... BASTARDS!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Anyone else gonna cop this today?

Can't remember what the overall consensus was on SS in re. to this movie....

~Crates

Yes, will definitely be copping this today. Tried getting it before going to work but sleep was a little more important. But during lunch its on. Agree the best of the last 3 (or should I say most recent)...

A better question is - who's copping the new game???

• Anyone else gonna cop this today?

Can't remember what the overall consensus was on SS in re. to this movie....

~Crates

I burned it last week

• Fairly entertaining. Not nearly as bad as Episode 1.

hmmm. I think i am the only person who likes Episode I. Why does err'body hate on Episode I?

~Crates

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    are folks sleepiing on the "Trapped in the Closet vol 6- 12" thats coming out today?

• episode 1 had to build the story.i liked it.

jar jar was

• I would still prefer a DVD release of EPS 4, 5 & 6 without anything edited. The OG pics just cleaned up and superior sound!

don't hold your breath for that! I'm so glad I bought them on VHS before the "special editions". Blech, George Lucas is an idiot. He's not getting any more of my $$$.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Just on lunch actually. Gonna go watch it at a friends.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Fairly entertaining. Not nearly as bad as Episode 1.

hmmm. I think i am the only person who likes Episode I. Why does err'body hate on Episode I?

~Crates

I liked some of the stuff in Episode I. Jar-Jar was a pretty wack character himself, but his race (the Gunguns?!?) was a pretty cool concept; I liked their underwater world. The Darth Maul was a badass too, and the desert planet had some good stuff, though anything Anakin said in the movie -- pretty much the whole fuckin' trilogy -- was god awful. That's pretty much my main criticism of the whole thing; Anakin never really made it to Darth Vadar status in my opinion. I was actually trying to make the case to a friend that the second trilogy would have been a lot better if they modeled Anakin off Damien from "The Omen." But I guess that wouldn't have meshed with George Lucas' he-was-good-but-succumbed-to-evil bit; it would have been better if he was straight-up evil. In any event, I liked the nerdiness factor of the second trilogy -- that the whole war started because of a trade embargo, and that theme was pretty heavy in Episode I, so I'll still watch it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    episode 1 blows.

Episode 2 is mildly entertaining. Almost.

Episode 3 rules.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I just watched it again, EP3 is fucking dope...

Palpatine vs. Mace Windu
    Obi Wan vs. Anakin Skywalker
    Sidious vs. Yoda

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    are folks sleepiing on the "Trapped in the Closet vol 6- 12" thats coming out today?

RECOGNIZE THE RAEL!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    is this the ultimate soulstrut nerds thread??? hahahah! i hated all the new ones, but all three of the originals are i remember seeing empire in the theatre, and running right out as soon as them big imperial walkers came on the screen...

• 3 was definitely the most tolerable of the new ones. At the time I saw it I guess I thought it was good, but that was probably becuase compared to the last 2 it was a goddam masterpiece. But the only part I really remember about it was the last part where he turns into darth vader. The rest of it was pretty forgettable, which means its not that great of a movie I guess.

And the actors in all 3 of those blow so fucking hard its painful. Anakin definitely the worst. I'd rather watch Keanu Reeves and Triple X guy read shakespear. bleh.

George Lucas can eat a dick.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    episode 1 blows.

Episode 2 is mildly entertaining. Almost.

Episode 3 rules.

If by "rules" you mean "was bad in a way that was actually funny" then I agree--especially the part where the emperor started inexplicably rotting and gurgling about "join me on the dark side"...

That was the point where I ceased being able to contain my laughter.

• packed with exotic herbs and botanicals? is seagal on some shit?

i prefer the empire strikes back...at ats, were always my shit.

• hmmm. I think i am the only person who likes Episode I. Why does err'body hate on Episode I?
    ~Crates

• don't hold your breath for that! I'm so glad I bought them on VHS before the "special editions". Blech, George Lucas is an idiot. He's not getting any more of my $$$.

Co-sign! I've never seen an artist go back and ruin his own creation the way Lucas has.