don't let it fool ya....this is a "black" group

FrequencyFrequency 115 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOST-GENERATION-psych-60s-soul-motown-Rock-black-LP_W0QQitemZ4787672169QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemSeriously, what an asshole. Prbly some dorky ass white guy who collects Beatles and other white rock groups and probably has other followers buying his records so he's warning them to not be fooled, because the record is by "blacks". douchebag.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    wow

• his other items for sale include tons of hitler and germany related shit, tiger beat with john travolta on the cover, a different strokes coloring book, and duran duran.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    his other items for sale include tons of hitler and germany related shit, tiger beat with john travolta on the cover, a different strokes coloring book, and duran duran.

• differ'rent strokes coloring and activity book....based on charachters from the hit tv show!!!........used...and abused.... just like the charachters[/b]

WTF?

• http://cgi.ebay.com/LOST-GENERATION-psych-60s-soul-motown-Rock-black-LP_W0QQitemZ4787672169QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously, what an asshole. Prbly some dorky ass white guy who collects Beatles and other white rock groups and probably has other followers buying his records so he's warning them to not be fooled, because the record is by "blacks". douchebag.

Hold on a minute...the Lost Generation had:

(1) a far-out name that SOUNDS like it should belong to a psych band

(2) and look at that cover, the title and artist's name is written in a psychedelic font

If you saw this album sleeve and didn't know what it was, even though it's on a soul-identified label, you could very easily mistake it for a lost acid-rock LP. He was basically trying to say that this is soul, not psych...which is totally understandable! Problem is, he just worded it wrong ("this is a 'black' group" is kinda crass; that's definitely a questionable move).

He's also selling a Jimmy Ruffin album, too, and he makes no black/white distinction there.

I'll also add that he doesn't quite know what psychedelia is...he STILL persists in calling this album "psych" (see the eBay headline). He also mistakenly refers to a 1966 Turtles LP as psychedelic, too (that band did get more psychy later on, but not on the album shown on the eBay site).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

"OMG, EW"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

"OMG, EW"

what is the significance of this picture?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"OMG, EW"

what is the significance of this picture?

That shis is funny as hell! Geeuh, M*rk.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

"OMG, EW"

WINNER

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    question to seller:

Do you mean like "colored" folks?

answer from seller:

do I know you?...black group...like the ojays..stylistics...delfonics...that kind of music....easy listening pop...this came out way after blacks were refered to as colored folks...thanks...robert

I'm even more confused now.

• question to seller:

Do you mean like "colored" folks?

answer from seller:

do I know you?...black group...like the ojays..stylistics...delfonics...that kind of music.... [color:blue] OKAY, HE WAS MAKING SENSE UNTIL HE GOT TO THIS PART[/color][/b]easy listening pop...

• If you saw this album sleeve and didn't know what it was, even though it's on a soul-identified label, you could very easily mistake it for a lost acid-rock LP. He was basically trying to say that this is soul, not psych...which is totally understandable! Problem is, he just worded it wrong ("this is a 'black' group" is kinda crass; that's definitely a questionable move).

I agree. Cut the fool some slack, Soulstrut racial police.