seinfeld VS. simpsons

2»

Comments

• How many seasons did Seinfeld run? Pick the best Simpsons and the best Seinfeld and who would win then. If you take out the last 6 seasons of The Simpsons you would have the episodes that existed while Seinfeld was still being made.

Then who would win?

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    I think Simpsons gets the edge, but it's not a landslide. As far as DVDs to check for, Simpsons peaked probably seasons 4-8, while the last 4 or so seasons of Seinfeld were best. Don't bother with any Seinfeld that is out right now on DVD. There are a few decent episodes mixed in, but the wait for the last seasons is worth it. If the audience is still clapping for Kramer, skip it.

Simpsons and Seinfeld are far above Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Futurama, etc. although they are still solid comedies.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    unless your a girl guy who realizes that a little Sex & The City knowledge goes a loooong way when breaking the ice with that cute girl at the end of the bar[/b] i guess it would be friends VS. sex in the city.

Guilty Pleasure..............

I Will Cop..........I own/celebrate their entire catalog.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    apples and oranges

but on the domestically produced animated comedy tip, I'm quite partial to...

Oh yeah lovely show, but I prefer Dr Katz (which is kinda obvious from my avatar I guess), even though a lot of the same guys did work on Home Movies.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    seinfeld is GOAT

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

HUGE CO-SIGN! Best short-lived animated tv show EVAR. People need to stop sleeping and get some McGuirk in their lives.

• I'd say Family Guy, then American Dad also from the ones who makes family guy

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

HUGE CO-SIGN! Best short-lived animated tv show EVAR. People need to stop sleeping and get some McGuirk in their lives.

whats the show called? mcguirk?

i dont get adultswim over here but i downloaded all seasons of aqua teen from some torrent site.. took a while to get into it, but it really got addictive once you started to get to know the characters!

havent seen any other adultswim shows tho - what else is there?

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

whats the show called? mcguirk?

It's called Home Movies. It's got some people working on it who were on the Dr Katz show as well (H. Jon Benjamin, Jon Katz, Emo Phillips) and it's just awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Movies_(cartoon_series)

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    HMy girlfriend started watching those thingsand I kinda got into it.

(wohomo)

Simpsons, seinfeld was never funny.

- spidey

• autezautez 404 Posts
    seinfeld was never funny.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    seinfeld was never funny.

WHAT the FUCK

Nobody ever... ever... EVER says that. EVER.

You need to lay of that Scientology shit man. They're fucking you up.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

havent seen any other adultswim shows tho - what else is there?

Sealab!

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

• mmmmm... Zawunil

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Anyone see the boondocks yet? Is it funny? Or should I take that shit to okayplayer.com?

• Ren & Stimpy

No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

- spidey

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

Psychology is largely speculative. Nobody actually knows the inner workings of the brain. Why do you think there are so many highly regarded yet conflicting theories?

So... No, NEVER. EVER.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Psychology is largely speculative. Nobody actually knows the inner workings of the brain. Why do you think there are so many highly regarded yet conflicting theories?

So... No, NEVER. EVER.

PS - If you know the history of psychiatry, does that mean you have a Medical degree? If so, are you gonna take that shit doctor?!

• Three years ago I would have said that there is no way that there was (or ever will be) a show better then The Simpsons or Seinfeld. But The Simpsons just puts together so many classic episodes that it couldn't be touched. Seinfeld was great but really suffered once Larry David left the show. The Simpsons started REALLY falling off around season 8. Still a good show, better then most other stuff on TV, but only a shadow of it's former self.

That being said, I don't think I'm going out on limb by saying that, through two seasons, Arrested Development is probably the funniest show on TV. If it can survive a few more seasons, I think it will be the funniest show EVER. It's just

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Simpsons over seinfeld everytime. At the moment tho id say family guy. The last series killed me & id never thought id say it but right now its much better than the simpsons.

• Matt Groening was just on radio1 breezeblock, they got the stream up at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/breezeblock/ but you gotta listen to 45 minutes of bullshit first.

heres the tracklist:

The Boredoms - 'Super Good' (Birdman)
    Daniel Johnston - 'Syrup of Tears' (Sketchbook)
    Magic Band - 'Big Eyed Beans' (Proper)
    Frank Zappa - 'Holiday in Berlin Full Blown' (Rykodisc)
    Iggy and the Stooges - 'Gimme Danger' (Warner)
    Electrelane - 'Gone Darker' (Too Pure)
    Patti Smith - 'Piss Factory' (Arista)
    The Fall - 'Two Librans' (Eagle)
    Cornelius - 'Bug' (Matador)
    White Magic - 'One Note' (Drag City)
    Nick Cave - 'Hiding All Away' (Mute)
    Can - 'Turtles Have Short Legs' (Grey Area)
    Slint - 'Washer' (Touch and Go)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'll give you the sweaters - I thought Jerry and George's preppy fashions looked goofy at the time. But as far as the "gettin' jiggy with it" reference...hey, Jerry was spoofing himself when he said that. He had to know good and well that that expression was going to play itself out in a month; that's why he said it in such a detached way.

but he still said it. i'd prefer if nobody ever acknolwedged the existance of that phrase.

And as far as the argument about being timeless: with some shows, the dated cultural references are half the fun (like all those 80's sitcoms that had their token "punk" episode...or any show from '67-'70 that had a "hippie" episode...and the writers would always get the details WRONG...).

i enjoy comedy more than i do nostalgia. to me something isn't funny just because i remember it.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    bring back the robot, Steiney

• Couldn't resist making this classic Nelson quote to Graelmin...

So... No, NEVER. EVER.

PS - If you know the history of psychiatry, does that mean you have a Medical degree? If so, are you gonna take that shit doctor?!
    Ha ha!

How can you understand sienfeld, but not a simple tom cruise reference?

- spidey