Montreal/Canadian Jazz

2»

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    listening right now to the Eric Stach RCI- Fruit from Another Garden that i picked up this weekend.

kinda interesting.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Good looks on the ckut work i heard parts of your last waxing deep (announced on this board)excellent stuff. I really respect your musical knowledge
    Although sayin no canadian jazz is notable is harsh.

HAZ maybe i know you (Mcgill, Petit-chanteur du Mont-royal, ahuntsic,ndg, notredame, ecole international) In any case you can always holler at me through PM if you have any events.

Ive toured New-brunswick and its a beautiful place if youre ever down here again Danno let me know. I dont know if you got to meet Scott C during youre time in CKUT however Andy Williams (his current partner) is a jazz archivist and a great DJ as well.
    You know how it works at CKUT so with the right motivation I'll see what i can do
    Peace

• Options
    Dan's very good friends with Andy, as am I.

K in Toronto.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    He's a great DJ at The Goods, and his radio show was always a favourite.
    http://www.offthehook.ca/index_o.htm check the goods-->DJ's
    I only personally know Scott C however. Soufriere?Canadian?
    Cheers and pardon my little dudeness

• Options
    soufriere=

Canadian? Most definitely.

I'm talking with Andy about coming up and played at The Goods one month, so I'll make sure to inform you when I'm coming.

K.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Nice! Affiliated to Waxing Deep!sweet!

I'm talking with Andy about coming up and played at The Goods one month, so I'll make sure to inform you when I'm coming

Good-looking DJ Format is up next with them.

Record/ckut related i just checked Cheap thrills on mctavish. Picked up a couple of things but how is there rotation because what's left there is at least for soul/intl