Digable Planets Reunion Tour: Is it worth a damn?

2»

Comments

• There are about three people with a genuine loathing of the Digable Planets on SoulStrut. Pretty much everyone else on here seems to sincerely appreciate that crap.

Please post the data to support these claims.

• How did these guys avoid all the hate that other cornball rappers caught
    in the early 90's...
    Not to mention, the same guy who produced their first album

was the guy who went on to produce the mulitplatinum smash hit "Who Let The dogs out"
    and it seriously wasn't that much of a departure

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    How did these guys avoid all the hate that other cornball rappers caught
    in the early 90's...

was the guy who went on to produce the mulitplatinum smash hit "Who Let The dogs out"

You guys are always worried about the music. Nobody cares about music. They care about money.

• How did these guys avoid all the hate that other cornball rappers caught
    in the early 90's...

You guys are always worried about the music. Nobody cares about music. They care about money.
    please to explain

in the early 90's...

please to explain

Most people would make a CD full of fingernails on a chalkboard sound if it sold.

Me included.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    a CD full of fingernails on a chalkboard sound

Leave Steve Albini out of this!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i am so excited for this tour that i'm going to buy 1000 tickets, stitch them together and wear them as a suit to the show.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    in the early 90's...

please to explain

Most people would make a CD full of fingernails on a chalkboard sound if it sold.

Me included.

seriously, what are you talking about dude?

• He's pulling the ol' money card again.

• i like digable alot. i know a few promoters doing these shows and pre-sale are not huge. peace, stein. . .

seriously, what are you talking about dude?
    He's pulling the ol' money card again.

I am. The music industry is a business. The only people that care about the integrity of the music is the hundred or so people that frequent this board. So, yes, most labels would put out 70 minutes of SILENCE if they thought they could make money off of it. And same for Digable Planets or 50 Cent or whoever - as long as people are getting paid nobody gives a fuck - they could be rapping about the Care Bears, it doesn't matter. And I'd be willing to bet most artists would probably feel the same.