Biz Markie - Guinness World Record Breaker?

butanejamesbutanejames 29 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
'I'll take a record, that's what I am makin', Guinness Book of Records, that's what I am BREAKIN'! I work for Guinness World Records, and I've just been reading the incredible Biz Thread. I noticed what you were saying abou his collections and I reached for my Ego Trip books. I think we need to contact him to see if we could get numbers on his barbies, board games, etc etc etc, as he may actually hold a Guinness World Record!Anyone any idea of how I should contact the great man? Through Groove Attack?Incidentally, one other record I was involved in was awarding David Axelrod the Guinness World Record for the longest time taken to complete an album, for that eponymous joint he released on Mo'Wax which was finishing off some sessions he started back in the day. I never met him, but apparently he was stoked with the award and the certificate is proudly displayed in his home.cheers,James

Comments

• I've heard from some notables that have met & dealt with Biz that he kind of 'expands' the truth somewhat. Which goes against the grain of what others have said in the other thread. So I guess it would be good to corroborate the Biz's version. I saw a photo shoot of the interior of his house & thinking I was going to see a right mess I was surprised to see that it was incredibly spartan & clean.

Who is the current fastest emcee. It was Daddy Freddy, then JC-001 then Twista... Then..?
    Sounds like an interesting voctation.

• I saw a photo shoot of the interior of his house
    where?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I met Biz one tim, and he is really....... strange. I dont believe that he would be cooperative. Getting the record without doin anything ? Yes. Let someone check his collection for this obscure Original Mardi Gras 12" ??? No. He told me alot about his collection, and all the old school footage he has. But he will never give anything out to the public.

Is Moby still the record holder for the fastest Beat ever made ?? I think it was 2000 BPM right ???

Peace

Hawkeye

• Was either Daze & Confused, XLR8R, URB, Touch, etc... end of last year...
    It's amongst the piles in here somewhere. Can't recall which mag exactly.
    House had white walls, pine floorboards, minimal shelving... 2 Story house... Surely someone else saw it..

• Incidentally, one other record I was involved in was awarding David Axelrod the Guinness World Record for the longest time taken to complete an album, for that eponymous joint he released on Mo'Wax which was finishing off some sessions he started back in the day. I never met him, but apparently he was stoked with the award and the certificate is proudly displayed in his home.

I think this record was broken by Ferrante and Teicher.
    They started their "Denziens of the Deep" LP in 1950 and finished it in 2001.
    Info: http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=302%2D066%2D261%2D2

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Biz collects Barbies???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Biz collects Barbies???

man I went to this house party one time and this girl's dad collected vintage clown gear. there was an entire room dedicated to clowns, known as "the clown room." fucking terrifying.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I think it was 2000 BPM right

I think 2000bpm and 1bpm are the same thing.

-e

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think it was 2000 BPM right

I think 2000bpm and 1bpm are the same thing.

-e

Like snake eating tail.

• Like snake eating tail.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Biz collects Barbies???

That foll collects almost anything. Barbie dolls, beanie babies, 70s cartoons on video, old school video game systems with ALL the game cartridges, arcade games, shoes, movie posters, whatever.....

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    man I went to this house party one time and this girl's dad collected vintage clown gear. there was an entire room dedicated to clowns, known as "the clown room." fucking terrifying.
    yikes.
    did you make out in there?

• man I went to this house party one time and this girl's dad collected vintage clown gear. there was an entire room dedicated to clowns, known as "the clown room." fucking terrifying.
    yikes.

her dad's name wasn't john wayne gacy, jr., by chance, was it?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    yikes.

her dad's name wasn't john wayne gacy, jr., by chance, was it?

YIKES!!!!!!!! Now THAT is some scary shit for Halloween!!

• I know of a heavyweight record collector that supposedly has an ill collection of Holiday Pepsi cans.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I know of a heavyweight record collector that supposedly has an ill collection of Holiday Pepsi cans.

Actually, that's me.