What rapper's clothing line do you wear?

2»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Do you like the particular rapper's music of that clothing line?

Who buys clothes because of someone's music?

me. sorry. But i bought alot of band t-shirts back in the day. Rap concert T's too. Buying a macavelli button up is just cause im probably too old to rock my cheap black death row era, way too big, marshalls tupac crewneck.

Im a fan.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Me and my girl were in SF a couple of Decembers ago, and we were in a clothing store on Haight (True, I think) looking for Christmas presents for my nephew. They had some G-Unit trainers in stock, and I happened to comment that one design in particular had a really nice profile. When my next birthday came around, she'd bought me a pair. I do still think they're good-looking shoes, and they're as comfortable as carpet slippers (I'm wearing them right now), but whenever anyone comments on the G-Unit motif (disparagingly for the most part), I invariably feel obliged to point out that I'm not particularly a fan of G-Unit or Fiddy, and I'm rocking them purely for aesthetic reasons. They're rarely convinced, though.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Rapper's clothing lines and hip-hop brands like Phat Farm & Co killed hip-hop fashion for me. Call me old-fashioned but I'm still into the concept of hip-hop fashion that is taking some item from a different context and make it hip-hop by wearing it different. Like Timbs, Polo and sportswear/sneakers in general. Beside that I'm way too old for wearing G-Unit sneakers and not making a fool out of me. So I stay with the classics and still feel so fresh and and so clean...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Common.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Rapper's clothing lines and hip-hop brands like Phat Farm & Co killed hip-hop fashion for me. Call me old-fashioned but I'm still into the concept of hip-hop fashion that is taking some item from a different context and make it hip-hop by wearing it different. Like Timbs, Polo and sportswear/sneakers in general. Beside that I'm way too old for wearing G-Unit sneakers and not making a fool out of me. So I stay with the classics and still feel so fresh and and so clean...

That's a good point, and one I'd normally concur with, but in this instance I couldn't have been so churlish as to blow off my girl after she'd made an essentially thoughtful gesture. I'm probably too old to be wearing any sort of sneaker, much less a rapper's signature sneaker, but damn if they're not really comfortable.

• Does that count as hip-hop?

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    How come it never happens in reverse? How come established fashion designers never cut rap albums? Like "hey people really seem to enjoy my clothes, so they will for sure enjoy my rhymes"

Today, because it was friday, I wore my super ill cross colors outfit. People were hating on me!!! Man jealously if the biggest form of flattery.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    only ice cream sneakers

worst sneaker made, evar