Post the life of your nearest co-worker (NRR)

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
M*rc*lo, 31, married to his high school sweetheart for 6 years. Wife left him 3 months ago just like that. Dude is a shadow since that day. He always have a different opinion than you. You say white, he says black. Always. He is a triatholnist, he trains everyday. He likes Robbie Williams and thinks jazz is elevator music.Today I realized I spend more time with this dude than with my family. I'm scared.What about yours?

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    do you mean nearest in physical proximity or nearest and dearest?

• My officemate is from the mountains of West Virginia. She didnt have running water and plumbing until she was 14. Some straight snake handling deliverance type steez. She thinks her husband is cheating on her.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    do you mean nearest in physical proximity or nearest and dearest?

I mean physical proximity. That's what happens when you think in spanish and post in english!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    All the people I work with are Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Law School litigator types. Expcept the Criminal Defense attorneys who are all Brooklyn and Cardozo. They're all heavily involved in NY and National Democratic Politics, except for like 3 out of 70 and they're all nice guys and women and they treat me well. And they're all super smart so its a good environment to be in, plus Im only here 5 hours a day cause I go to school, but before that I was here 10 hours a day for the last 10 years.

• The guy with whom I share a studio is in full-on therapy and his girlfriend is a psychiatrist. Always interesting to hear him analyse stuff you and me just do without thinking about it. Before this new girl he was heavily into new age, so from my point of view the talks we have are becoming more interesting by the day. I forbid him to talk about me during sessions. Can you do that? What's the protocol? Anyway, he's one of the nicest guys I know and a real good friend. He lets me be in charge of the stereo, so that's okay too. He comes in early and leaves early, while I come in late and leave late, so our hours overlap and we have the place fto our own during parts of the day. I can't complain at all.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    a 29yr, architech from India. Listens to Boney M and Bollywood music. Smokes about a pack a day and wears a flamboyant ring with a big purple stone. He is a good dude.

• K!^ is a country girl from North Carolina who moved to New York City. Father was a cop, mother a homemaker. An an only child, she thinks all only childs are insane (which scares me cause I'm one as well.) A former lover broke her heart, still loves her, and has yet to really get over it. Also thinks that 99% of girls are completely nuts, especially when it comes to romance, and includes herself as one of the crazier ones. Has an addiction to magazines, during the weekends that's all she'll look at. Was a methodist, is scared of the reaction her family will have if and when she tells them that she is a lesbian.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Father was a cop

Was a methodist

is scared of the reaction her family will have if and when she tells them that she is a lesbian

• Very, very

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    the closest in proximity to me is..................

MY BOSS!

ardacian has the pics..

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the closest in proximity to me is..................

MY BOSS!

ardacian has the pics..

CLASSIC SHIT!

• this dude m*r**. yesterday we hung out a bit after work ... dude buys me shots, drinks, smokes two blunts with me, buys a bottle of vodka, ends up getting himself a hooker later in the night and comes in on 3 hrs of sleep ready to do it again. kid is really cool though .. i guess he just likes to wile out from time to time.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Nearest is my bo$$ too. Early 40's, tight bod (she be running marathons and sh*t). Is a healthy food fanatic but I has a guiltful taste for some real food - I introduced her to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles and she loved it...! Married, no kids - just dogs - plays the quick to blame game (she should be in politics) and of course its never ever her fault...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Married, no kids - just dogs - plays the quick to blame game (she should be in politics) and of course its never ever her fault...

EW

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Moderantancy, is that a new title I see? Congrats.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    a 29yr, architech from India. Listens to Boney M and Bollywood music. Smokes about a pack a day and wears a flamboyant ring with a big purple stone. He is a good dude.

the other tech in my lab is from India. she's been here a few years, but she just moved here from Kentucky about two months ago. when my experiments don't work she always tells me how everything in the world balances out and it will all be ok in the end. she brought me chicken biryani one day. her ringtone is a bhangra mix of "goodies."

she brought me chicken biryani one day. her ringtone is a bhangra mix of "goodies."

THASS A KEEPER RIIIGHT THURRRRR

Thanks, do you need a sexy new avatar? I can suggest a few...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Thanks, do you need a sexy new avatar? I can suggest a few...

You mean Neardhentalo is not sexy enough? OK, I'm taking suggestions

she brought me chicken biryani one day. her ringtone is a bhangra mix of "goodies."

THASS A KEEPER RIIIGHT THURRRRR

no doubt. she actually apologized because it wasn't lamb (and I had mentioned I like lamb biryani, which is what started the whole thing).

unfortunately she's xxxl and married.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

unfortunately she's xxxl and married.

I'd tap, as long as she keeps the food coming.

my desk is adjacent to the IT guy's here. his name is joel and he just turned 22. his birthday is 9/11, and his parents have forgotten every year since the tragedy in NY. he is the whitest person i've ever known, sings in a choir, and lives with his 20yr old girlfriend, who refuses to pay rent. they're both really into lord of the rings, and he is constantly showing me pictures of his girlfriend's "bi-tendancies", posing with other SCA-type girls. joel is also 6'2" and 130lbs... a human javelin. all day long he hums showtunes in a tone reminiscent of a dentist's drill. a generalization on my part would be to assume that most chicks that have dressed up as lord of the rings characters every halloween (and probably a few times a week throughout the rest of the year), aren't the most phyisically attractive, and in her case, this proves true. sometimes a group of us will be engaged in casual conversation when joel, will say something like, "my girlfriend's pretty hot, huh matt?" where i'm put on the spot, and have to say things like "she seems really NICE!". once in NY, i went with him to see the broadway musical RENT. his friend there flaked on him, so i figured "front row seats, i've never been to a musical... who the fuck cares?" i smoked a fat joint after we drank some jagermeister, and thought i was in perfect form to catch this sort of shit, but i wasn't ready to witness him singing AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS, the entire production. my girlfriend still makes fun of me for going, but it was worth it just to relay back to you folks, most of whom i'll never meet in the real world.

here he is with his only vice... a starbucks quad-shot mocha.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    When was I doing my masters my research group was 97% Persian. Man, they were weird people. Half of them totally religious and kept trying to get me into Allah. When I told them I was a staunch atheist, marxist, and too lazy to go to any church (or prayer for that matter), they would still go on about how searching for Allah will make me want to.

But whatever, that was cool with me, we had some good conversations. But some of them were on a total racist tip. The others, on a manic depressive craze. In the end, one kept an apple on his desk for over a year and another hated me because I said "your fuckin' wife called" as a joke. He wore a lot of sponge bob t-shirts.

And all their names were derivatives of Mohammid (Hamid, Mohautmod, Mohammid, etc).

Now I run this movie theatre and the hunnies I work with are like whoa. There's my boss, this fine 29yr old women who doesn't have a home and house-sits all the time. She has a thing for Zombie and Cannibal movies. We share a love for "Cemetary Man". The two other assistant theatre managers got heat-sauce for blood. One is Greek and tall. She came over to my house and the following conversation happened which leads me to beleive she wants some.

her: What kind of cologne are you wearing?
    me: I didn't take a shower today, yo!
    her: Well, what is that smell.
    me: That's my man musk and some Old Spice deoderant.
    her: Damn, that Old Spice shit gets me so horny, it's ridiculous.
    me: I use the Old Spice soap wash too!

Then I find out she's never had a boyfriend longer than 3 weeks. Man, I got to get with this girl!!! Give me some hints! She lives 3 blocks from me!!! THIS SITUATION IS NOT STABLE!?#?!@!

When was I doing my masters my research group was 97% Persian. Man, they were weird people. Half of them totally religious and kept trying to get me into Allah. When I told them I was a staunch atheist, marxist, and too lazy to go to any church (or prayer for that matter), they would still go on about how searching for Allah will make me want to.

But whatever, that was cool with me, we had some good conversations. But some of them were on a total racist tip. The others, on a manic depressive craze. In the end, one kept an apple on his desk for over a year and another hated me because I said "your fuckin' wife called" as a joke. He wore a lot of sponge bob t-shirts.

And all their names were derivatives of Mohammid (Hamid, Mohautmod, Mohammid, etc).
    hmm, you sound racist against middle eastern people. why would you make such an insulting comment like that about his wife?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Sr. Jackson, he's the IT guy! He could be reading this stuff right now. Go back and edit your post right now.

He looks soooo IT guy.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    2 of my boss's are the closet to my office. Both of them are really cool melllow family guy types. Right now I can hear The Scorpions blarring out of one of their offices. It is kinda got me rocking. We pretty much keep the small talk to a minimal and I like that.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

hmm, you sound racist against middle eastern people. why would you make such an insulting comment like that about his wife?
    I didn't say that about all Persians, just the ones I worked with. And I liked them a lot. I am far from Racist.

I didn't say anything about his wife. We were fairly close, like we hung out lots over a year. We would make offensive jokes around each other, and everything was cool. I have some Jewish ancestory, and we'd always play on that because he was Arab. Then one time, his wife called like 5 times, and we were joking around when I remembered and I was like "yo homey, your fuckin' wife called like 38 times". He deaded the friendship right there. Everyone in the office was really surprised. I wrote him 2 apology letters and talked to him in person, asking if he wanted to talk about it. I valued his friendship. Still kinda makes me sad to this day.

sometimes a group of us will be engaged in casual conversation when joel, will say something like, "my girlfriend's pretty hot, huh matt?" where i'm put on the spot, and have to say things like "she seems really NICE!".

dawg, i knew a guy who did this all the time to me. I would say the same thing, "yeah she seems really nice"

One day I got really sick of it, so I blurted out something about fucking her,"Yeah i would fuck her." He copped a little attitude on some "dont say that shit" type steez.

2 days later he came up to me and said

"did you really mean what you said?"

"what"

"about fuckin my girl"

"heh, oh sure why not?"

"I can hook that up, we swing,we can double team her"

"umm..."

"dude, one day i had her fuckin a lava lamp, i video taped that shit. Im gonna but it on the internet"

so say that to him and see what happens.

• "did you really mean what you said?"

"what"

"about fuckin my girl"

"heh, oh sure why not?"

"umm..."

"dude, one day i had her fuckin a lava lamp, i video taped that shit. Im gonna but it on the internet"

doc is your whole office made up of swingers?

"did you really mean what you said?"

"what"

"about fuckin my girl"

"heh, oh sure why not?"

"umm..."

doc is your whole office made up of swingers?

naw man, this was when i was a cook in Flint.

And it is not proven that my boss here is a swinger. That is up in the air. I think it is more like she be fuckin behind her hubbies back.