November Finds

Comments

• The jazz and Salinas are field while the Afro was doorstep: am listening to the Femi and rail band ones alot right now.

• Plantweed said:

My copy of the Astrud album is the loudest album I own outside of some Blue Note monos. Seriously a bold sounding pressing.

• I don't really sample but that Sandro was only a quarter so WTF.

Widsith was $12.

The no-artist Good Bad Ugly budget LP is actually a KILLER mystery exotica record that I will just include as a freebie in someone's eBay package, since the spine is split. Just want to spread the word, lots of folks would dig it if they heard it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Pasadena Swap Meet finds:

Shades Of Joy S/T (Fontana): Best to be classified as a female jazz vocal record despite its mind-expanding San Francisco sensibilities. One sock-it-to-me track has a drum break a la "Game Of Love". I see this usually for $25+, so at ten bucks in great condition, why not? Perfect vibe for a rainy, So Cal afternoon.
    Manu Dibango "Makossa Man"
    The Jazz Cookbook "You Get the Best of Me" (early 80s): 10" EP of local early 80s fusion jazz group. Title track has breaks and sleeve is autographed by quartet. Found a video of them on You Tube (). Nice curio, but nothing I would listen to on a regular basis.

Kellee Patterson "I'm Going To Love You A Little Bit More, Babe" 45
    Fugi "Red Moon" 45

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Casio MT-46 w/ carrying case

• Jspr said:
    One of my local spots had just gotten a big jazz collection in. Been wanting the glorious UK Coltrane for a while and the Roy Brooks is a recent discovery so I was happy to get these.

Heavy Sounds cover is so badass.

• SoulOnIce said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    many you are probably saying "I flip by that shit all the time

not me, that shit is pretty freakin rare in my experience. I regret not gripping a clean copy for $25 at a local show a few years ago, haven't seen it in my travels since.

agreed, very hard to find. the only copy ive ever personally seen in 15 years i bought and still own.

• Rockadelic said:

im so happy when the right person gets the right piece at the right price. congrats.

• havent had a chance to post in a while, some of these date back to October.

^^That Psyclones and the Wild Horses are very odd records

^^my new favorite band name is Stoned Hair

^^dont sleep on the new William Shatner box set. great!

^^ had to do a close up WTF foto on this one.

^^random ass local acetates form the 50's, got cheapo at a box lot auction

^^was sure i had the 1st press and had bought a dupe, till i got home and realized i didnt have the red label. score.

^^got a box lot of truly strange books for my "weird shelves"

liked the look of this op art painting (looks screen printed or actually mass printed, cant tell. sad about the stain and the rip, but i love it anyway.

^^ garbage picked a perfectly good pair of Bose 601's ...wired em up and built a shelf thing to velcro on, as there are speakers on the top so you cant stack on top of them. sounds really nice.

• Jspr said:
    The Yusef Lateef artwork looks like Robert Crumb's work. Is it?

Not sure who drew it but definitely not Crumb.

Actually WW Norton just released a collection of all his album covers and music works.

http://www.amazon.com/R-Crumb-Complete-Record-Collection/dp/0393082784/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320760509&sr=1-1-fkmr0

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Karlophone kills it as usual...How is that Corvets LP and where is it from?

• Rockadelic said:
    Karlophone kills it as usual...How is that Corvets LP and where is it from?

its capable surf rock, all instrumentals. 2 originals, the rest covers. decent originals. the best tracks have the nice spooky tremelo guitar emphasized, the worst are overly sax-y. typical for the genre i suppose. its from Canada - specifically Quebec. I never saw it before, bought it based only on the cover.

• karlophone said:

Those KPM synth LPs look pretty cool. Are they an enjoyable listen?

• I don't post much in find threads, but today is a little different.
    These are from the last couple of weeks. Local store finds, thrifts, etc.

And today I found this for $1.00 at a local thrift among crappy christian and christmas records. Have I used up all my record karma for a minute? I hope not. Thanks recordgaaawddzzzzzz.

Don't know if I want to sell it, but is this for
    real?
    My copy is red label Amha, made in Greece, paper sleeve.
    ???

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    mrboogieman88 said:
    I don't post much in find threads, but today is a little different.

And today I found this for $1.00 at a local thrift among crappy christian and christmas records. Have I used up all my record karma for a minute? I hope not. Thanks recordgaaawddzzzzzz.

real?
    ???

HUGE find! congrats.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    East Texas

Was this *uinl*n?

Cuz I was just thinking ya know maybe I should go to *uinl*n this Saturday.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    maru said:
    mrboogieman88 said:
    I don't post much in find threads, but today is a little different.

real?
    ???

HUGE find! congrats.

Yeah, that's one of the most sought after Ethiopian LPs for sure! Pretty insane find....

high_c said:
    East Texas

Was this *uinl*n?

Cuz I was just thinking ya know maybe I should go to *uinl*n this Saturday.

Canton

• musica said:
    maru said:
    mrboogieman88 said:

???

HUGE find! congrats.

Yeah, that's one of the most sought after Ethiopian LPs for sure! Pretty insane find....

That's incredible man, congrats!

• dstill808 said:
    karlophone said:

Those KPM synth LPs look pretty cool. Are they an enjoyable listen?

in places. all have a generous amount of spaced out, noodly semi corny tracks. all have at least 1 or 2 solid groovy ones too. the Arp Odyssey one has the most good stuff, and the Olympiad one is the weakest in that regard. But if you just like listening to vintage synth sounds, all these are chock full of it.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Most of these came in a big trade with Groove Merchant.

• liked the look of this op art painting (looks screen printed or actually mass printed, cant tell. sad about the stain and the rip, but i love it anyway.

holy shit...i've had the same one for like 15 years! it was so weird to see this pop up in a finds thread! here's mine:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    crazypoprock said:

liked the look of this op art painting (looks screen printed or actually mass printed, cant tell. sad about the stain and the rip, but i love it anyway.

holy shit...i've had the same one for like 15 years! it was so weird to see this pop up in a finds thread! here's mine:

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts

• leonleon 883 Posts
    November finds:

From top, left to right:
    Placebo 2LP, Captain Beefheart,
    From Genesis to revelation, Harold Mcnair (The Fence),
    Wess Machine (mr. Sympathy), The Brotherhood (Stavia)

The Brotherhood is a hand numbered reissue from ages ago.

BTW Congrats Mr Boogieman with that huge grail find!

• leonleon 883 Posts
    double

Kadink said:

HPB?

• leonleon 883 Posts
    delete

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Kadink said:

HPB?

Doc's moving sale. I ended up with around 350 45s and the one killer.