NBA 2010-2011 aka Come Hate On Lebron

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I don't think I saw a thread for this yet, so I guess I'll start.

New look Warriors. Excited already. They've played well in pre-season against similar in talent teams, and gone 2-0. Doesn't mean anything for the regular season, but after years and years of horrible ownership and wasted seasons I'll go for just about anything. The Warriors also have new logos which I dig, but I don't like the font on the words.

And of course, gotta ask early predictions. Who will make it to the Finals in the East and West and who will win? I can't speak on the East yet, but I would assume the Lakers win the West and return to the finals again.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its about time...........

Los Angeles Lakers - Win again..........Barring any major injuries.
    Barnes, Blake, and Ratliff are very good additions.

Keepin my eye on -

Milwaukee Bucks - will Micheal Redd re-emerge/return?
    Chicago Bulls - the roster finally looks real.....Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver.
    Denver Nuggets - Al Harrington????

Fusk Miami.

Ill keep an small eye on how The Knicks blend. Im curious to see Chandler/Gallinari and Felton.

East - Orlando or Boston.

Western Dark Horse - Phoenix - will Turkolu return to form?
    Eastern Dark Horse - New Jersey Nets - Lopez and Murphy = crazy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Watch out for OKC and the Clippers.

Blake Griffin is the truth.

Rockadelic said:
    Watch out for OKC and the Clippers.

Blake Griffin is the truth.

Does he come back from injury to get 15 more wins for the Clippers?

Or does he get HIS and they still suck?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Oklahoma will be very good again. Can they get out of the first round however? Don't know.

The Clippers are like the Warriors, don't believe anything about them until they actually produce out on the court.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lakers. Clippers. Let's go.

I still don't think OKC has what it takes to be a title contender. They're good, but kind of remind me of the Utah Jazz who I didn't really have what it takes to take them over the hill.

Miami/Boston in the East Finals.

I'm not fronting on the Heat. They're gonna be exciting to watch.
    And I'm still a fan of Lebron James.

yuichi said:

Can a NEW team build chemistry in ONE season and leapfrog straight to The Finals?

Barkley was ADDED to The Phoenix Suns. There was a core unit already established....IIRC.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    batmon said:

Ill keep an small eye on how The Knicks blend. Im curious to see Chandler/Gallinari and Felton.

that will be a fun team to watch. felton is a very-d'antoni pg
    and keep an eye on randolph, dude is a beast.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Can a NEW team build chemistry in ONE season and leapfrog straight to The Finals?

Well, that's the question this season, isn't it? At the very least, every game the Heat plays will be fun to watch since you have to think every other team in the NBA wants to smack the shit out of them, just to try to show that the Emperors have no clothes.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Barkley was ADDED to The Phoenix Suns. There was a core unit already established....IIRC.

If any team can do it, it's this one. Lebron is a helluva leader.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Yeah, he's quite good at leading his team to playoff failure.

DJ_Enki said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Yeah, he's quite good at leading his team to playoff failure.

I knew someone would say something ignorant like that.

He did lead a bunch of no one's to the best record last year. And probably would have made a further push into the playoffs if he didn't get hurt.

I like his style of leadership cuz he's a likeable dude, leads by example, and has that perfect blend of intensity and humor.

yuichi said:
    He did lead a bunch of no one's to the best record last year.

Wow, the best record in the regular season! How'd that work out for 'em?

LeBron's a lot of things, but a "helluva leader" isn't one of them. And why are you even bothering to pretend that the alpha dog of the Heat is anybody other than Wade?

DJ_Enki said:
    yuichi said:
    He did lead a bunch of no one's to the best record last year.

Wow, the best record in the regular season! How'd that work out for 'em?

LeBron's a lot of things, but a "helluva leader" isn't one of them. And why are you even bothering to pretend that the alpha dog of the Heat is anybody other than Wade?

And Kobe didn't do shit before he got Pau. Even MISSED the playoffs one season.

You tell me if he's supposed to win the title with this cast.
    http://www.thewineandgoldrush.com/blog/the-cavaliers-roster.html

You don't get back-to-back MVPs as a fluke, doggie.

alpha dog of the Heat is anybody other than Wade?

Wade won't be (the alpha doggie). And he won't care to be (so long as they're winning)

Great. Yall dudes got me watching this now...

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

And were off to a GREAT start!!!!!!!

One request. Motown, can you make this in

ALL CAPS (with that usual "Stuttersteppin' those folls" or some shit)

so we could get some distinction from those "other"
    sports threads. =P

yuichi said:

Wade won't be (the alpha doggie). And he won't care to be (so long as they're winning)

So WADE who has a RING is going to let LeBron take over as LEADER on HIS MIAMI HEAT?

Could you give a time when this has ever happened?

Lebron wants what Wade has?
    Now Wade needs help but I dont see where Riley gives the keys to Lebron.

yuichi said:
    One request. Motown, can you make this in

ALL CAPS (with that usual "Stuttersteppin' those folls" or some shit)

so we could get some distinction from those "other"
    sports threads. =P

Yup - add some funk to the title.

Keep that wonder bread plain shit for Baseball and Hockey.

NBA '10-'11 (All The Way To Heaven) (Dude like Devin) (Johnson like Kevin), (Roll Seven), (Knight like Brevin)...................

Lebron disappeared against the Celtics. Did you not watch the games? Yeah, sure, his supporting cast might have sucked but you could just read it in his body language. Dude just gave up. I had no real bone to pick with Lebron prior to that series but he didn't display the caliber of leadership you'd hope from the reg. season MVP. And his desire to join his mini-dream team in Miami does little to make that point felt either.

And most of all, did we already forget the incredible wackness of The Decision? That's not leadership material to stab your city in the back.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

So WADE who has a RING is going to let LeBron take over as LEADER on HIS MIAMI HEAT?

Lebron's gonna be handling the rock the most. So who's team it is, ain't gonna really matter.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Speaking of Riley, how long before he gives Spoelstra the Stan Van Gundy treatment? Three months?

mannybolone said:
    Lebron disappeared against the Celtics. Did you not watch the games? Yeah, sure, his supporting cast might have sucked but you could just read it in his body language. Dude just gave up. I had no real bone to pick with Lebron prior to that series but he didn't display the caliber of leadership you'd hope from the reg. season MVP. And his desire to join his mini-dream team in Miami does little to make that point felt either.

And most of all, did we already forget the incredible wackness of The Decision? That's not leadership material to stab your city in the back.

He was hurt. Is that not a valid excuse? Forget what sort of injury it was, but not all injuries are created equal, and I give him the benefit of the doubt.

You can blame his agents for "The Decision". But people did watch it, and it did raise money for his foundation or whatever.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Regardless, you gotta think the ratings for every Heat game is gonna be crazy as everyone will be mega-curious how this experiment pans out.

Pity the Lakers have to wait until Xmas for the first game with them.

Now if some douchebag came in here talking about "Miami (Phoenix) is gonna win it all this year!", then yall got plenty of reasons to hate.

On an individual level, there aren't many players like him. Appresh!

yuichi said:
    mannybolone said:

He was hurt. Is that not a valid excuse? Forget what sort of injury it was, but not all injuries are created equal, and I give him the benefit of the doubt.

You can blame his agents for "The Decision". But people did watch it, and it did raise money for his foundation or whatever.

he was hurt....??? are you drinkin the kool aid? GTFOHWTB.

He was hurt that Delonte West and his momma was ridin around St. Claire w/ matchin' desert eagles.

And now it doesnt matter who the leader is gonna be? Dont switch this early in the thread.

Stop the dick ridin' and talk Basketball pleez.

Dude clearly didnt give his ALL in the FINALS. (NAGLXMIAMI)

Muthafuckin Isaiah Thomas play w/ a broken ankle. Jordan w/ the Flu. Kareem w/ his back. Shit K.O.B.E.'s finger didnt set until last year. I dont wanna hear about no "injury". Dude look mad hesitant/. Leaders fight until the end, not miss their defensive assignment cause his momma is gettin doggystyled by a dude in a fuzzy headband before the game.

The main injury is that Lebron played with what I believe is medically known as "lack of heart."

mannybolone said:

Magic, Kareem, Worthy Scott
    Jordan Pippen Rodman Kukoc
    Robinson Duncan Manu Parker
    Kobe Shaq Horry Gasol Artest Fisher
    Bird Parish McHale Johnson Walton
    Pierce Garnett Allen Rondo

Just because dude didnt wait 5 more years for Cleveland to get him his Robin I cant fault dude for gettin w/ a better situation. They werent gonna get better there. Get Money. He's from AKRON, not Cleveland.

No one does it by themselves.

On the flip side ive heard that he wanted to be the MAN and didnt want a real ROBIN cause that would take away his SHINE.

• Lebron is all of these things, not just one or the other. He is the AND. I think the Heat will ride high this season. The players on the team they have assembled complement each other better than those total grab bag teams in Cleveland. Both Lebron and Wade will get theirs, as will Bosh. I think Bosh is the key to this team, really, and it will be interesting to seem him tested on a bigger stage. FWIW, he was by far the best bigg on the last US Olympic Team - probably the biggest stage he's played on up to this point.

I'm excited about the Kings, Knicks, Clippers, and Warriors improving this year. Should be a fun ROY contest between Wall, Cousens, and B. Griffin.

Is Chicago top four in the East?

Does OKC move up to two in the West?