(sigh) is Kanye's new album gonna be terrible?

2»

Comments

• batmon said:
    Herm said:
    Not necessarily to you nor me. 'Cause really, fuck what we think. I'm talking about to Hip Hop, pop music and Post Rap in general.

He's not on my menu. Post-Rap cool.

Fuck what People magazine,your friends,the internet, or the newspaper says.

Im not missing shit. I dont follow anymore. Too old for that.

Cool if he reps your definition or whatever. Do you.

You're so cute when you're perturbed.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    Not necessarily to you nor me. 'Cause really, fuck what we think. I'm talking about to Hip Hop, pop music and Post Rap in general.

He's not on my menu. Post-Rap cool.

Fuck what People magazine,your friends,the internet, or the newspaper says.

Im not missing shit. I dont follow anymore. Too old for that.

Cool if he reps your definition or whatever. Do you.

You're so cute when you're perturbed.

call me

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

why is swizz beats rapping? hook eh. at least a real singer is singing.

• ^ Meh.

I still think his albums gonna be really good, if there is more stuff like "Devil In A New Dress" and "Power" and to a lesser extent "Monster" on there i'll be happy. That "Runaway Love" track was doo-doo, the jam w/ Charlie Wilson, Common and Pusha was pretty good too.

I love "Late Registration" and "Graduation" though i never could get into his Debut, hope he comes through.

• brokedown love palace. or something. don't all his singles have names like this?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    bassie said:

Are people still not feeling this? Jim's on full wave here.
    b/w
    Whip color is marmalade.

Can someone please bump the rap i'm currently feeling thread? Can't find it.

• The other day, I read that "going digging" to Kanye West meant taking a trip to Tower Records and buying up a stack of soul CD's from the 70s. Based on the guy's output over the last five years, I don't doubt that at all. Say what you want about this "new era of beatmaking" where the original source doesn't matter.....but I can't take a hip-hop producer seriously if he doesn't enjoy digging for records.

Don't get me started on him sampling drums from other hip-hop records. Before he jacked Pete Rock's drums from 1992, he was on a roll with the "BOOM, boom-CLAP" from Dr. Dre's "Xxplosive."

My old roommate had a playlist of over TEN SONGS that Kanye used those drums on. Shit was sad. Here's a quick example:

Kanye - "WOW how did Dre get his drums to sound like that? This is crazy, yo.....this is crazy. Hold up...."

Oh and fuck that "DOES IT BANG??" argument. Kanye West is lazy and I've always hated it. At least he's gotten better on the mic.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    This is pretty surprising...years later..........reusing Brian Bennett raers?

I want to hate, but I love Solstice so much, it's hard to hate on anything being said over it. You could put Tay Zonday on Solstice and it would bang.

Charlie Wilson though.....eeeehhhh.....why? Wasn't once enough?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    wow...has Soulstrut turned a new leaf? For sure figured this for catnip.

Woimsah said:
    This is pretty surprising...years later..........reusing Brian Bennett raers?

I want to hate, but I love Solstice so much, it's hard to hate on anything being said over it. You could put Tay Zonday on Solstice and it would bang.

Charlie Wilson though.....eeeehhhh.....why? Wasn't once enough?