11th Gathering of the Juggalos

124»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the part about her actually taking her top off did make me feel bad for her actually. so pathetic.

• Not being pelted with Real Schitt and Faygo?

I mean, taking her top off is kind of part of her gig, no?

• the viceland (nee 'vice') article is far too sympathetic in my opinion. the old vice wouldn't have stood for someone so depraved that they're willing to do and endure anything just so people will pay attention.

tt acts like the neon signs paul anka jingled out of springfield.

• vintageinfants said:

not feelin the elbows...

• for the nguyen! FTN!

• this is the link to the vice(land) article, btw. crazy.

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2010/08/18/dear-vice-i-got-stoned-by-the-juggalos/

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

tt acts like the neon signs paul anka jingled out of springfield.

HAHAHAHA!

b/w

Guarantee void in Tennessee!

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Not being pelted with Real Schitt and Faygo?

I mean, taking her top off is kind of part of her gig, no?

getting pelted sucks but something about taking her top off (as described in the AV Club article at least) sounded extra sad.

willie_fugal said:
    this is the link to the vice(land) article, btw. crazy.

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2010/08/18/dear-vice-i-got-stoned-by-the-juggalos/

this is awesome though:

I will forever have a great respect for Tila Tequila as both a person and as a front woman. There are very few bands that would put up with shit like that. She would have been at home at a GG Allin concert while supposed ???rock bands??? have to cancel shows because they are scared of birds shitting on them.

• apparently meth got hit with a full beer can at this bitch too. split his face open and everything. no one talking about that?

all i can hope is that a new story gets revealed from this fucked up hoedown every week until..... THE 12TH MEETING OF THE JUGGALOS!!! can we workshop the theme now? too early? 20s mobster theme? country club theme? cop/indian/sailor/biker/construction worker themed?

• I hope someone's working on a real documentary about these crazy juggalo motherfuckers. This shit is bonkers.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Speaking about Tom Green...

He goes out and hangs with some of the fine folks at the Gathering. Crazy people

The dude at 2:00 is fucked.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Watching that Tom Green video gave me a weird notion that the Juggalo/white rap crowd might wind up developing in the same way that the skinheads developed. What begins as a sincere appreciation of black culture (skinheads: reggae/ska, juggalos: rap) devolves over time - as young working class white kids fall victim to the prejudices of their parents and their peers (engendered by the grinding gears of poverty/lower working class existence, bleak financial outlook, etc..) So you wind up with a group who are xenophobic and prejudiced yet who still express appreciation for an art form whose creators they have socially divorced themselves from.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm not really aware of what Tom Green does and was interested to know how he'd keep the amassed lunacy entertained. I was not disappointed. In my mind that's now what he 'does', chicken/sandwich, corn/on the cob, rinse and repeat for 45 mins, the juggalos loving every minute of it.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    apparently meth got hit with a full beer can at this bitch too. split his face open and everything. no one talking about that?

all i can hope is that a new story gets revealed from this fucked up hoedown every week until..... THE 12TH MEETING OF THE JUGGALOS!!! can we workshop the theme now? too early? 20s mobster theme? country club theme? cop/indian/sailor/biker/construction worker themed?

I have a suspicion that they will yet again go with the clown/faygo theme. But who knows.

This shit is endlessly fascinating though. The Tom Green video was odd.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Vice:

I just wanted to take a shower, but as I passed the ???Freak Show Tent??? I heard a familiar sound. ???Go ninja, go ninja, go!??? It was Vanilla Ice playing his hit from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 sound track.

:game_over:

• bennyboy said:
    Vice:

I just wanted to take a shower, but as I passed the ???Freak Show Tent??? I heard a familiar sound. ???Go ninja, go ninja, go!??? It was Vanilla Ice playing his hit from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 sound track.

:game_over:

also a big hit with the juggalos = 'the addams groove' by mc hammer.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Snapping said:
    Watching that Tom Green video gave me a weird notion that the Juggalo/white rap crowd might wind up developing in the same way that the skinheads developed. What begins as a sincere appreciation of black culture (skinheads: reggae/ska, juggalos: rap) devolves over time - as young working class white kids fall victim to the prejudices of their parents and their peers (engendered by the grinding gears of poverty/lower working class existence, bleak financial outlook, etc..) So you wind up with a group who are xenophobic and prejudiced yet who still express appreciation for an art form whose creators they have socially divorced themselves from.

Not to play Captain Save A Juggalo but how exactly did you draw all this from the Tom Green clip?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    for sake of future generations the govt should have dropped an atomic bomb on that mess

the loss of noz might be unfortunate, but hey, we're talking about the future of the human race here

noz said:
    Snapping said:

Not to play Captain Save A Juggalo but how exactly did you draw all this from the Tom Green clip?

not to mention: wtf are you talkmbout? is this seriously your synopsis of the development of the skinhead movement?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Captain Save A Juggalo

Oh how I wish we still had locations.

• Snapping said:
    What begins as a sincere appreciation of black culture (skinheads: reggae/ska, juggalos: rap) devolves over time - as young working class white kids fall victim to the prejudices of their parents and their peers (engendered by the grinding gears of poverty/lower working class existence, bleak financial outlook, etc..) So you wind up with a group who are xenophobic and prejudiced yet who still express appreciation for an art form whose creators they have socially divorced themselves from.

wait... what?

DOR said:
    Speaking about Tom Green...

He goes out and hangs with some of the fine folks at the Gathering. Crazy people

The dude at 2:00 is fucked.

tom green's made a career out of being the least interesting dude in the world. i cram to understand.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    For a sub-culture so overripe with reporters' angles, this is actually the only fulfilling output I've experienced regarding the Gathering (any year).

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Here's a pretty fascinating article, although it is almost three years old:

http://www.viceland.com/int/v14n10/htdocs/land_of_juggalos.php?country=us

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

LOL "And this weekend at the Gathering of the Juggalos, they were down with the clown."

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    noz said:
    Snapping said:

not to mention: wtf are you talkmbout? is this seriously your synopsis of the development of the skinhead movement?

the above is an over simplification for the sake of this comparison, but the transition from the skinheads/hard mods of the sixties to the racist skins of the seventies is pretty well documented