Genres you actively hate

Comments

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Any music genre that accentuates the usage of AUTO-TUNE

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    This dude sound like anyone you've heard before?

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Not a lot of love for current digital world music jams, huh? Soca, Zouk, Reggaeton all have some joints I'm feeling. Not that they're going to change any minds, but here's a couple I can fux with:

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Bluesrock ala Gary Moore.

Nickelback.

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    This not only sucks, but it makes me angry....really angry.

• THIS:

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    new age jazz. what a fucking mess. fucking digeridoo and sax. hated it.

• Dear Chicago,

I don't get house music and your fanaticism befuddles me. I'm bordering on hate but I don't need that weight.
    Please help me understand.

Yours, with love and affection,
    Shawnald Reagan

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    markus71 said:
    Nickelback.

• hermes1 said:
    new age jazz. what a fucking mess. fucking digeridoo and sax. hated it.

total blisswave bro.

• Sweet_Premium said:
    Dubstep..

fuck yeah
    i get friend requests on facebook from about 4 DJs/Promoters throwing some kind of dubstep party every day. Dubstep is retarded huge in philly and i cant fucking stand it.

i'll add about 99% of noise rock/ noise bands. most of these outfits are trash/pretentious/pseudo intellectualism, but in a musical/sound way john cage beat everyone and already asked the question "is this music or is this sound?"

and go go (its a D.C. thing). i cant get into it. it drives me nuts. i tried because i used to deliver pizza down in MD in a town outside of DC where i went to college and a coworker of mine was in a go go band. he used to play me all this go go stuff , i couldnt tell any of the bands apart.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    kazoos. ever. in anything. it's like somebody playing their armpits as an instrument.
    gtfoohwtkbs

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    kazoos. ever. in anything. it's like somebody playing their armpits as an instrument.
    gtfoohwtkbs

:puto:

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    90% of new music getting made!!!

General Genres I ain't feelin'.... Metal, Country, Opera, Dubstep, Grunge, Reggae, Euro House, Trance, Hardcore House, Smooth (Yuppie) Jazz, Free Jazz, most of the new style R&B (stands for rubbish and bollocks, and not rhythm & blues) stuff.

Finally, all those fake girl/boy bands that saturate the charts these days, computerised voices all sounding alike.
    No wonder I don't check commercial radio stations anymore...LOL!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Sunfade said:

:puto:

no, I will not stop disrispecfellatin'. fuck a kazoo. I would like the Grandmaster Melle Mel kazoos before that De La schitt anyway, if I didn't hate kazoos straight up and down.

you can't use a graemlin that I made against me, anyway

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Modern retro-soul shit.

Electronic sub-genres without the requisite ragga darkness elements.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    hermes1 said:
    top 40 rap rnb

Doesnt eat at Black folks homes

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    TDLT02 said:

General Genres I ain't feelin'.... Metal, Country, Opera, Dubstep, Grunge, Reggae, Euro House, Trance, Hardcore House, Smooth (Yuppie) Jazz, Free Jazz, most of the new style R&B (stands for rubbish and bollocks, and not rhythm & blues) stuff.

Finally, all those fake girl/boy bands that saturate the charts these days, computerised voices all sounding alike.
    No wonder I don't check commercial radio stations anymore...LOL!

Maybe you should stick to the same records you loved twenty years ago and stop there. God forbid new music could have anything to offer.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Zouk

Not sure if it's Zouk related but I hate all that insidious corporate "ethnic" music with african drums and "tribal" chanting that spewed out in jingles for the BBC, British Airways and other huge corporations to say "we're hip and don't exploit". It's been endemic ever since Paul Simon's Gracelands.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    TDLT02 said:

That's a pretty big hate!

I used to say I hated two genres: Country and Techno. I have since found plenty of stuff to love in both genres.

I think I might have to Bassie on Drum & Bass, simply because its the one genre where I have found the LEAST amount of songs to actively enjoy. When I first moved to the UK and heard DnB everywhere I thought I'd stepped into a time-machine, like "this shit still exists??"

I think my appreciation of dubstep stems from the fact that it was such a breath of fresh air when it came on after midnight compared to the usual DnB pill-frenzy.

When did you move to the UK? Just interested as DnB seemed to fade from everywhere around 2001 at the latest.

Junior said:
    When did you move to the UK? Just interested as DnB seemed to fade from everywhere around 2001 at the latest.

I wish this was true.

I think my appreciation of dubstep stems from the fact that it was such a breath of fresh air when it came on after midnight compared to the usual DnB pill-frenzy.

although I still think it's pretty stupid.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    batmon said:
    hermes1 said:
    top 40 rap rnb

Doesnt eat at Black folks homes

^ ALL BLACK FOLKS LISTEN TO TOP 40 RAP RNB

bw

lol

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Paul said:

although I still think it's pretty stupid.

Yeah, I agree with that. Even though I like some of it, I recognise that as a genre it's only as good as the worst songs, and there's plenty of turds.
    Which is a round-about way of saying that there's a only few tracks I really like.

Unlike jungle, which was more difficult to find tracks I didn't like BITD ('93-'97).

I actively hate Pearl Jam. Not sure, but I get the feeling I'd hate GOAT ROCK.
    There's a lot of latin/south American stuff that I hate dancing to, because it's difficult and you have to count and stuff until you've really got it, and I've only ever tried while drunk and innumerate.

A lot of pompous classical gets up my nose, but I love the most pompous of them all - the French national anthem. Zoot-alors! Makes me wanna salute a flag. It's brilliant.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Junior said:

I lived in the UK from 06 to 09. In many many scummy dungeons the forbidden fruits of DnB were being loved without a trace of irony.

DnB is like a seed between molars with no tooth-pick around. Dubstep simply provided as tastier seed.

In a certain university city/rural backwater you once resided Junior, the DnB events despite being held on a Tuesday were 'rammo' for the last 8 years to see such 'legends' as Nicky Blackmarket and Kenny Ken.

Ok fair enough, certainly didn't see a lot of it this century at places I went to but imagine there will be a hardcore faithful keeping it alive and would also imagine it was mainly of the jump up variety. For me it certainly had its time and place in the mid to late nineties and, at its best, pushed forward electronic music at the time. IMO.

Paul said:
    In a certain university city/rural backwater you once resided Junior, the DnB events despite being held on a Tuesday were 'rammo' for the last 8 years to see such 'legends' as Nicky Blackmarket and Kenny Ken.

LOL. I left in 99 and at that point it mainly seemed to be about garage music (speed and two step).

I must confess to seeing the likes of Grooverider and Randall bitd there though.

I have a feeling this is a conversation I can't win.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    gtfoohwtkbs

Kazoo chorus FTW:

I'm waiting on this damn 45 to arrive in the mail from down under and it's taking ages :(

As for the original question, Euro Dance jock jams get the gas face.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    TDLT02 said:

Maybe you should stick to the same records you loved twenty years ago and stop there. God forbid new music could have anything to offer.

Forgot to mention UK Two Step.....hahaha

You'll always find 'something' good from new music that is getting released, just feels compared to back in the day that the percentage is so much less quality wise when trawling through the weekly releases, maybe for example the advent of digital technology taking something away (warm analogue feeling) from the overall experience when checking music!!!

I up until recently purchased a fair share of new stuff ,as well as old records, but at the moment am more into digging for 'new discoveries' on the old tip.