The kfc double down sandwich jawn

13»

Comments

• I was at KFC last night and everyone in front of me in line ordered the double down. I'm not into it. Sandwiches have buns for a purpose that cannot be fulfilled with cutlets.
    I got the grilled fiery wings and got a light buzz from the spice. Good stuff.

I am talkin' bout chicken and gravy, mang.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Who has ever had a Juicey Lucy?

Does it make your eyeballs walk?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Had one last night. I now know why it's called the Double Down, and that's not a good thing. Bubble guts like crazy. Doubled down on the toilet in the morning.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    dude at work brought me one. I ate it.

it did not look like the pic. I'm putting KFC up as number one falsepicproviders...

squeezecheeze with big soft spongy baconbits. Betwixt two bad kfc chicken pieces.

didn't help that it was probably 40 minutes old, either...

Pretty much grody.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Here's another beauty, the Krispy Kreme Burger

I believe that's actually called a Luther burger, after Luther Vandross who apparently had a penchant for the things.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I tried a McRib today for the first time today and my overwhelming impression was "bland bland bland." Apparently the reason why the McRib is mostly relegated to the bench is that when McDonald's introduces them they sell well for a few weeks but then interest peters out. The legend > the reality. That and "the animals we made them from are now extinct..."

Think smaller and more legs.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I had my first on the way back from NYC a couple of weeks ago. We stopped somewhere in PA and did it up. Around the same time KFC in Canada is now selling them. As Canada was dropping it, I was seeing these stories everywhere in the news.

http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/11/03/kfc-double-down-healthier-egg-yolk/

Anyways, the double down was just ok... The real scary thing was the different pictures of kids KFC had posted all over the restaurant. Was SUPER creepy...

• hit a mexican spot today for this one sandwich I had heard about...they call it a Cubano, although it wasnt a cuban sandwich at all but was bad ass none the less. It had grilled, super soft bread, lettuce, tomato, avocado, jalapenos, bacon, chorizo, roast pork, refried beans, and a fried egg... also all beer is $2 monday through thursday to boot at this spot....day off lunch plans set for future.

• DOR said:

weird!

• willie_fugal said:
    DOR said:

weird!

This is actually sort of rad in a weird, ironic way.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    dollar_bin said:
    I tried a McRib today for the first time today and my overwhelming impression was "bland bland bland." Apparently the reason why the McRib is mostly relegated to the bench is that when McDonald's introduces them they sell well for a few weeks but then interest peters out. The legend > the reality. That and "the animals we made them from are now extinct..."

Had that same experience last year with a McRib. Hadn't eaten one in probably 10 years and was excited to try one, only to be let down by the gray pork patty and BBQ sauce with absolutely no bite. On another note, the fact the McDonald's is rolling this thing out nationwide is helping to provide support for both wholesale pork prices and lean hog futures at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, however high corn prices are going to limit those/any gains. Also, I can't stop looking at that Simpsons clip.

EDIT: Tried editing, ending up quoting. Not sure what happened here.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    dollar_bin said:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    willie_fugal said:
    DOR said:

weird!

This is actually sort of rad in a weird, ironic way.

Agreed. Just tough to eat a double down with a few of these hanging over you... lol